We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anfield !

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
315 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Anfield !

Hi Guys

My husband & son are going to a game at Anfield I will be dropping them off hopefully parking nearby to go for a walk or something (im on a get fit kick just now)

I was wondering if anyone know how strict asda are with using their car parks for going to games ?

As I say I wil not be going to game and will be going into asda to try and get my son a jacket for going back to school but thats hardly gonna take up the full match time so would be leaving car to go for a wander.

Also if anyone could help me with any suggestions of what I could do for couple of hours while they are at game.

Thanks

Gaby

Clue Finders Ltd
Game & Entertainment Centres, Room Escape Games, Other Fun & Games
Tick Tock Unlock
Game & Entertainment Centres, Room Escape Games, Other Fun & Games
Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anfield !

why not drop them off at the ground then head into Liverpool or

Why not park at Sandhills (Merseyrail Station)

your husband/son can catch the soccer bus to the ground, you can hop on the train into Liverpool

get off at Moorfield its the next stop along heading towards Liverpool (Liverpool Central still closed) you are then a few minutes from most of Central Liverpool's attractions

eg. Liverpool One shopping, the Pier Head, Liverpool Museum's, The Albert Dock the list is endless

if you park in the Asda, there's not much around that area for you to kill 3-4 hours

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
315 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anfield !

Thanks will try that

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,638 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anfield !

I would advise not trying to park up on a match day..The supermarkets that are close by are patroled and if you stay over your time expect a fine..

The best option is get a savaway ticket for your son and husband..they get the train to sandhills and a bus to the ground...

You can then take you huspands plastic and enjoy the shopping in our city centre

4. Re: Anfield !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 18:16