We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cocktail/Champagne Bars

Liverpool
Level Contributor
68 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Cocktail/Champagne Bars

I need some help, I am from Liverpool born and bred but need ideas about really really nice bars to visit. I have friends visiting from Australia who once lived here and want to show off how much the city has changed. Any ideas? Age group late 30s. I am looking at cocktail bars like Palm Sugar although I personally think that has seen its day . Bar and Grill is on my list but after that im stuck, any ideas would be greatly appreciated xx

Mentioned in this post
Palm Sugar Lounge
Palm Sugar Lounge
280 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
Liverpool
Level Contributor
283 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cocktail/Champagne Bars

The panoramic restaurant has a bar, you need to book but the views are pretty special, I'd be surprised if anyone wouldn't be impressed.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
18,138 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cocktail/Champagne Bars

Is it just "cocktail bars" you are after? (I don't rate Palm Sugar - it's full of Z-list celebs and wannabe wags.)

There are actually some decent pubs in Liverpool now - and I don't rmean your typical real ale pub like the Ship & Mitre and the Dispensary. They are great pubs, but if you want something a bit different then try Bier on Newington (off Bold Street), which is around the corner from the Shipping Forecast on Slater Street.

And the Kazimier Garden on Seel Street is a must visit http://www.garden.thekazimier.co.uk/

There's also Inn Liverpool on the corner of Renshaw Street and Mount Pleasant (and around the corner from Bier).

But back to the bars - try San Carlo and on the other side of the road is Merchants Bar at 62 Castle Street.

Down on North John Street at the Hard Days Night Hotel is Bar Four which I recommend for the Beatles themed cocktails (they sell one that costs £500+).

Mentioned in this post
Hard Days Night Hotel
Hard Days Night Hotel
3,442 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
Bold Street
Bold Street
83 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
Liverpool Beatles Tours
Liverpool Beatles Tours
190 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
Kazimier Garden
Kazimier Garden
188 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
Palm Sugar Lounge
Palm Sugar Lounge
280 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
The Shipping Forecast
The Shipping Forecast
264 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
San Carlo
San Carlo
1,765 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
liverpool
Level Contributor
477 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cocktail/Champagne Bars

Yeah I would say hard days night for amazing cocktails. Hilton.

The Chinese at pier head matou is nice to have a drink on terrace. (weather permitting)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cocktail/Champagne Bars

Wow Matt, you blow me away with your Knowledge, l haven't heard of most of those bars although l don't go into town these days, far too old and l look out of place with my thick vest on ;)

l heard Palm sugar is amazing but l have to agree with Foz the Panoramic bar is really good, a bit more expensive for drinks but when you have a view like that it's worth it. Go on their website for drinks prices and look at the bar meal prices if you want something to eat, l think eating in the bar (which we have done) is more interesting than eating in the restaurant (which we haven't done) as you see more of the city of Liverpool from the bar area

Edited: 09 September 2012, 10:17
Mentioned in this post
Palm Sugar Lounge
Palm Sugar Lounge
280 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cocktail/Champagne Bars

My friend tried Bubble room for her 40th birthday and had a fantastic time, has anyone got any experience of it on here?

Edited: 10 September 2012, 23:17
Liverpool
Level Contributor
84 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cocktail/Champagne Bars

Hi Angela,

do you mean Bubble Room, in Woolton? If so it's a fantastic little cocktail bar/ restaurant with excellant customer service.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cocktail/Champagne Bars

Hi LM, you're right the Bubble Room is in Woolton and used to be the Baby Elephant apparently. Now that you've said that l may try it myself, will let you know how it goes

Edited: 11 September 2012, 14:06
Mentioned in this post
The Bubble Room
The Bubble Room
343 Reviews
Alderley Edge, UK
Baby Elephant
Baby Elephant
263 Reviews
Wigan, UK
Liverpool
Level Contributor
84 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cocktail/Champagne Bars

you will love it there Angela I'm there most weekends. Try the steak night I think it's Wednesday around £15 for two courses plus a glass of wine

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cocktail/Champagne Bars

i had the same dilemma myself recently... i started in the harddaysnight hotel bar ( tell your friends to have a good look around the ground floor areas of the hotel... a nice insight into the beatles even if you are not a fan),then we went onto the feeder bar of san carlo restuarant,and then onto the bar & grill (probably liverpools most sylish bar in my opinion)....had a great night.... you may wish to consider malmaisons hotel cocktail bar or even the living room on victoria street( not as busy as it used to be but it still has high standards) enjoy

Liverpool
Level Contributor
68 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cocktail/Champagne Bars

Thanks everyone, great suggestions. Any suggestions on a crawl, where to start where to end up?

xx