We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hillsborough Vigil

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Hillsborough Vigil

Just a reminder to anyone travelling to, or through, Liverpool city centre this evening that a vigil is to be held at St Georges plateau, Lime Street, to show support to the familis and friends of the 96 victims of the Hillsborough tragedy, traffic is being diverted as large crwods are expected.

R.I.P

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hillsborough Vigil

There was nothing malicious or derogatory in the posts.I don't understand why they were deleted.

Sparky.

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hillsborough Vigil

Matt,

If you think they were negative with regard to the Liverpool fans then I can assure you that my post (no 6) was removed because as a footie fan (see post no. 3) I was so disgusted by the true extent of the cover-up by authorities across the board that I simply vented my anger.

I'm not surprised it was removed because it's not about travel but I don''t know what came after mine. Perhaps they took offence to my wishing those in power who covered up rotting in hell or perhaps they agreed with me.

If the person whose post was removed after mine was in favour of what I said then thank you for agreeing.

One further comment. Kelvin McKenzie/Sun editor apologises 23 years later well whooop de doo. Not publishing the headline in the first place would have been good.

Why does this scum think an apology now will suffice. Sorry, I'm not a Scouser but Hillsborough has been a travesty.

Edited: 17 September 2012, 22:30
France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hillsborough Vigil

Thank you Sparky, I agree with you and I'm not sure why Angela chose to remove her comments.

I do realise that it's not a really a travel related topic but I do think that TA might have left the posts as they were on that particular day.

Guess it's because TA is American.

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Hillsborough Vigil

Was on the number 20 bus, one of many that had to be diverted around St Georges Hall and then rejoin London Rd, it was very sunny and the bus was claustrophobic, the traffic was horrendous, but its the first time I didnt hear anyone complain about the delay. I think we all realised how heartbreaking it must be for relatives of those 96 people and the long wait they have endured for the truth to be admitted.

My whole family are Liverpool supporters and my Mum has newspapers from those terrible first days and some of the articles still make me very emotional

All visitors to Liverpool should view the memorial at Anfield whether they are footie supporters or not as I think its very moving..

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hillsborough Vigil

Hi, l chose to remove my post as l accidentally put some incorrect information in and didn't want to cause any offence to anyone. We were on holiday in Turkey when it happened and were treated badly by the locals because we came from Liverpool, such was the extent of those headlines and lies that were told. Thank God the truth is out now.

l agree that visitors should view the memorial, it is very moving.

Edited: 22 September 2012, 22:14
16. Re: Hillsborough Vigil

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Liverpool