We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help..large group of ladies... 50th Birthday Celebration!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Help..large group of ladies... 50th Birthday Celebration!!!

As the eldest I have been nominated with the task of organising my Mum's 50th Birthday celebrations... we are arriving in Liverpool Friday Lunchtime and go home on Sunday... there's a group of 18 of us ranging from 23 - 60... we all love a laugh, music and a drink generally (50% of us Irish background!!) but we also love doing things weird and wonderful!! I have booked an apartment on Matthew Street so we are central and would love any suggestions/ideas that would cater to a large group.... any pointers greatly appreciated!!! Thank you :o)

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
18,070 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help..large group of ladies... 50th Birthday Celebration!!!

OMG - a load of Brizzle girls in Liverpool? Lush!

"Hark at him!"

You're welcome up 'ere anytime my luvver! ;-D

Okay, got that of my chest. I used to live down in Bath, and I still visit Bristol and Bath several times a year. (Not from Barton Hill are you?)

Anyway - you want to do something weird?

Well for starters go on the Yellow Duckmarine. After a few glasses of wine (or Thatchers cider) you and your lady friends will love it !

http://www.theyellowduckmarine.co.uk/

You could attempt to go shopping in Liverpool One but I know you girls will only want to party, and if there's some Irish lasses then you might want to head to Flanagans Apple on Mathew Street. It's a pub, not a greengrocers !

O'Neills on the corner of Hanover Street and Wood Street caters for your sort too - which is why I avoid it ! ;-p

I was actually in Bristol 2 weeks ago and on the Saturday night me and my mate ended up in that Irish bar up the steps on Baldwin Street by St. Nicholas Market and the place was dead - on a Saturday night !

You'll find Liverpool a lot more lively ! ;-)

Edited: 01 October 2012, 01:54
Mentioned in this post
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Yellow Duckmarine
Yellow Duckmarine
199 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
Liverpool ONE
Liverpool ONE
1,471 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
Mathew Street
Mathew Street
1,131 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
359 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help..large group of ladies... 50th Birthday Celebration!!!

Have a look at this place

Something may keep you entertained

thegreenroomliverpool.com/the_greenroom_live…

Liverpool England
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help..large group of ladies... 50th Birthday Celebration!!!

Agree with Gazfec Green Room gets rave reviews, if you walk into other venues not booked you will struggle to get seats

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help..large group of ladies... 50th Birthday Celebration!!!

have a look at www.albertdock.com/groups/ for some ideas with a discount attatched..... the albert dock is a five/ten minute walk from your appartment...have fun. !! ps pace yourselfs.. no early nights on mathew street sat night... could be noisey!!!

Edited: 02 October 2012, 16:42
London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help..large group of ladies... 50th Birthday Celebration!!!

Thanks guys for all the info!!! Looked into Green Rooms unfortunately sold out... gutted it was Diva NIght - would have been perfect!!!

Thank you for the tip purdydog2 - will definitely check that out!!!

Sorry to disappoint matt_1376... unfortunately I moved from Bristol 5 years ago London bound now... but still miss the Brizzle!!!

;o)

Mentioned in this post
Green Rooms
Green Rooms
20 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help..large group of ladies... 50th Birthday Celebration!!!

How about a Shiverpool Ghost tour for the weird then cocktails. When are you coming?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help..large group of ladies... 50th Birthday Celebration!!!

head for heights?.

... maybe you could try out the Liverpool Big Wheel situated at the albert dock... 60 metres high with a great panoramic view over the city and the river mersey..... or maybe

an open top bus tour of the city... both these can be found on www.liverpool-360.co.uk

Matts gave you soon good tips for drinking establishments ! ..if you fancy a cocktail or two, check out www.harddaysnighthotel.com top of mathew street , or bar and grill www.individualrestaurants.com/bar-and-grill/liverpool(brunswick street) both quite stylish venues close to your appartment

Edited: 04 October 2012, 19:55
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help..large group of ladies... 50th Birthday Celebration!!!

the bar grill link should be individualrestaurants.com/bar-and-grill/… nice place at 5.30ish onwards friday evening when people finish work, have fun !!

Edited: 04 October 2012, 20:01
9. Re: Help..large group of ladies... 50th Birthday Celebration!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 08:18