We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to the Echo arena tomorrow

Dagenham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Going to the Echo arena tomorrow

I'm heading to the echo tomorrow evening on an emergency trip and need a hotel as cheap as I can find. Most hotels run into prices of £150 or more. Is there a chance I can get something cheaper, maybe £100 or less?

The hotel also needs to be as near to the arena as possible as I'm a wheelchair user and would ideally like to wheel to the hotel instead of taking transport.

Also, what train station is nearest to the arena? I will be leaving from London, possibly St Pancras.

Thanks for all the help!

Edited: 12 October 2012, 14:27
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to the Echo arena tomorrow

you will need to leave london from euston station,train journey will take you direct into lime street station liverpool city centre

you would then be a 5min taxi ride to the liverpool arena.Liverpool hotels look very busy tomorrow evening and yes they are looking expensive!.... the travelodge moorfields is showing availability £108 and its nothing special, but it may do the job for you... it is a 5min taxi ride to the arena and a 5min taxi from lime st station ( you could request a cab that can accomodate your wheelchair)

.The hotels closest to the arena seem to be either sold out or very expensive.... probably in relation to the event you are attending, good luck.

Edited: 12 October 2012, 15:22
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to the Echo arena tomorrow

sorry i meant to say premier inn not travelodge

Edited: 12 October 2012, 15:46
Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to the Echo arena tomorrow

No offence, but you will struggle to find a cheap hotel

a) for a Saturday night and especially at such short notice in Liverpool city centre , you could try a website called laterooms

b) especially close to the Echo arena, when a big event is on (I assume your going to the Boxing)

you would be best advised to try and get a taxi to the arena from where ever you stay, the surrounding area is not wheelchair friendly, a lot of cobbled areas around the Ablert dock

could look in your search, and I hope you enjoy your night at the Arena

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to the Echo arena tomorrow

You will need to get to London Euston head to Liverpool Lime street

once in Liverpool the closet station to the Echo Arena is James Street Station

but I would not advise using this station as the transfer looks to long to me, also as mentioned earlier, the surrounding area/streets (Albert Dock) are not wheelchair friendly

Mentioned in this post
Echo Arena Liverpool
Echo Arena Liverpool
1,067 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to the Echo arena tomorrow

if you do have to bite the bullet and pay top dollar the jurys inn directly opposite the arena is available for £169..... you are literally a 1 min walk to the venue, level walkway for wheelchair.... i cant believe how busy all the city hotels are looking tomorrow night!

6. Re: Going to the Echo arena tomorrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 13:19