We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Liverpool 18th to 20th January 2013

Jersey, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Staying in Liverpool 18th to 20th January 2013

Hi,

I am travelling from Jersey to Liverpool with my two sons 14 and 18 years of age, it will be their first trip to see the mighty Reds at Anfield , can anyone recommend a cheap hotel close to the stadium with wifi and a good pub nearby to watch the match in as unfortunately could only get two tickets and wasnt going to make them draw straws

Edited: 24 October 2012, 00:28
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
16,813 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Liverpool 18th to 20th January 2013

Are tickets on sale for that match?

I can't see them on the LFC website, just the hospitality packages.

Anyway, you could try http://www.anfieldguesthouse.co.uk/ but get booking asap as it will get booked up on a match weekend.

Not sure about pubs in that area that will be showing the match.

Maybe look for a hotel in the city centre. Your 14 and 18 year old will be okay getting a taxi or even the Soccerbus to and from Anfield.

The brand new Premier Inn on Hanover Street (opening 27th December) is taking bookings for that weekend. Get in there quick because not many people know about this place. There are plenty of pubs and bars in the city centre that will be showing the game.

Other hotels to try are Premier Inn (Moorfields), Travelodge (the Strand), Travelodge (City Centre), Days Inn etc.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,638 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Liverpool 18th to 20th January 2013

Take it from me...Stay in the city centre and travel by public transport to and from the game..

You will have better options of an evening with the kids...

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Liverpool 18th to 20th January 2013

you may struggle to find a room near anfield, so i to think you should consider the city centre.... the problem tends to be price when liverpool have a home game, the prices can go through the roof!!

But i notice that on www.laterooms.co.uk the thistle atlantic tower hotel on the liverpool waterfront is showing £120 total for your two nights(per room) believe me this is excellent value for a weekend stay in liverpool especially if there is a game on.Your boys would be able to get to and from anfield easy from here and maybe you could visit one of jamie carraghers restaurant /bars in the city centre and watch the game www.cafesportsengland.co.uk

Liverpool
Level Contributor
6 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in Liverpool 18th to 20th January 2013

I would recommend staying at the Premier Inn at the Albert Dock. You get some great views over the dock and the river. It is reasonably priced if you book early. There is Liverpool One nearby for shopping and plenty of restaurants and bars. Take the train from central station to sandhills station (2 stops) asking for a soccerbus ticket and a dedicated bus will take you from sandhills right to the stadium

Edited: 02 November 2012, 09:31
5. Re: Staying in Liverpool 18th to 20th January 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 November 2012, 17:05
Liverpool
Level Contributor
6 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying in Liverpool 18th to 20th January 2013

I would recommend staying at the Premier Inn at the Albert Dock. You get some great views over the dock and the river. It is reasonably priced if you book really. There is Liverpool One nearby for shopping and plenty of restaurants and bars. Take the train from central station to sandhills station (2 stops) asking for a soccerbus ticket and a dedicated bus will take you from sandhills right to the stadium

7. Re: Staying in Liverpool 18th to 20th January 2013

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

8. Re: Staying in Liverpool 18th to 20th January 2013

9. Re: Staying in Liverpool 18th to 20th January 2013

Liverpool
Level Contributor
6 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying in Liverpool 18th to 20th January 2013

Stupid app, try to edit a mistake and it ends up posting multiple times. Sorry