We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic day out in Liverpool

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic day out in Liverpool

Hi everyone!

I am going to Liverpool in couple of weeks to celebrate my girl-friend's birthday - it will be like my present to her. I am thinking about going to panoramic 34 for lunch/dinner. Any other ideas would be very appreciated as I have never been in Liverpool before.

P.S. Also I am thinking of Ice Festival - do u think it is a good idea?

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,962 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic day out in Liverpool

Ferry 'cross the Mersey?

A walk on the beach, not many of those in Leeds

Crosby is just half an hour away

www.sefton.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=6216

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
366 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic day out in Liverpool

Yes, Panoramic would be a treat. Book in advance - even if you are going just for drinks!

The Ice Festival is O.K! But there are more romantic things to do.

How about going on the Liverpool Wheel ?( wrap up warmly!).

I would suggest making your way up to Hope Street ( the city's Georgian area): & walk along its length rom one cathedral to the other ( both very different)- and stop off in between for coffee/drinks/lunch - at one of the many places along the street.

Take a City Sightseeing tour bus - you can pick this up at The Albert Dock - and you can hop on and off along the route.

Take a walk down Mathew Street and see the site of the Cavern club. Uniquely Liverpool.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic day out in Liverpool

Just for the record.You can walk down Mathew Street.But you can't see the site of the original Cavern Club. The replacement is there and very close to where the original was and very popular.More authentic in Mathew St are The Grapes and White Star pubs whose history is interlinked with the original Cavern.Hardly romantic though.

Yes a meal at Panoramic would be a real treat especially after dark.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic day out in Liverpool

Thanks a lot for your answers! Much appreciated!

I might go to Panoramic to have desserts (it will be around 5) or lunch (3:30). Which time do you think is better in terms of "panoramic" view?

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
17,260 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic day out in Liverpool

Someone reported that the Ice Bar is a rip-off. It costs £6 each and you get 1 small drink and there's a 30 minute time limit, then they kick you out !

I'm going ice skating today - that's not cheap either but I'll let you know if it's worth it.

Once the Xmas lights come on in the city centre at 4pm it's nice to walk through the Xmas market down Church Street, Lord Street, Paradise Street, Whitechapel and Williamson Square.

Bring plenty of money though. The gluwein and bratwurst bar in Williamson Square isn't cheap (£4 for a pint of Veltins Pils and £3 for a 175ml glass of gluwein).

If you go to the Panoramic for 3.30pm you'll get good views out over the river and over to the Wirral, then the sun will start to setand you'll then see the city light up.

Edited: 28 November 2012, 12:03
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic day out in Liverpool

Thanks for reply Matt!

Did u like ice skating? Is there any chance that we will end up that romantic day in hospital? :)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic day out in Liverpool

Matt

Are you in hospital?

How was the ice skating?

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
17,260 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic day out in Liverpool

Never did the ice skating - it was too cold, and I have a dodgy ankle after spraining it last Xmas so didn't want to risk it ! ;-p

Debs - I've been to Bristol, Bath and London this weekend.

So yes, I did nearly end up in hospital, but from from heat exhaustion.

When are they going to get some air conditioning on the London Underground? It's bad enough in the summer, but even in the winter you have to strip off to stop yourself from collapsing !

The ice rink in front of the Tower of London looked very romantic today, depsite the fact that it looked as though it was melting and the four people who were on the rink were skating through several inches of water !

The Kazimier Garden is open for the "festive" season.

Now that'll be romantic. ;-)

sevenstreets.com/events-and-attractions/…

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic day out in Liverpool

Matt, are you a wandering gypsy?

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
17,260 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic day out in Liverpool

Yes Debs, I do get about a bit so I suppose I am a wandering gypsy.

I'm off to New York on Saturday. ;-)