We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking near cruise terminal

manchester. uk
Level Contributor
273 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
parking near cruise terminal

coming over to see hms illustrious tomoz any help with parking near the terminal - would we be best coming on the train is it expected to be v busy ? thanks

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parking near cruise terminal

Minimal parking near the cruise terminal.If you come by car then parking at Albert Dock or Q Park would be best but neither is cheap! Train would be best.Merseyrail's James Street is nearest station.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parking near cruise terminal

the Capital Car Park is opposite...

plus futher down there is a huge Toys R Us on Regent Road..a short walk from where the ship is

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,407 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parking near cruise terminal

you should be able to park on Waterloo Road (just past Costco) then its about 10-15 min's walk

although I would expect it to be very busy tomorrow

if you are driving into Liverpool, there's several car parks just off the ring road (Leeds Street) usually charge between £2.50-5.00 per day all are sign posted with adverts pointing in the right direction

there's several streets off Leeds street that you can park for free (and it should be preety safe) I park on 1 or 2 spots in this area all the time, touch wood never had a problem

any of these options then its 10-15 minutes walk down to the cruise terminal

hopefully looking to go and visit this myself tomorrow, hope I can find a parking spec myself

Edited: 15 February 2013, 22:35
Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
363 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: parking near cruise terminal

The multi-storey car park at the King's Dock is my preferred car park for this area of town; the most convenient.

£3 for up to two hours; £5 for up to 5 hours.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: parking near cruise terminal

the closest car park to the terminal is the multi storey next to the MalMaison, it always used to be contracts only but has a big poster on the outside facing onto The Strand saying weekend parking I think for £3 all day. Otherwise as GAzefc says The Capital car park underneath the 'Sandcastle' building I think is £4 all day weekends.

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,407 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: parking near cruise terminal

scouselatic,

assuming where talking about the same multistorey car park

as I left HMS Illutriouis late this afternoon, I drove past this car park, my daughter pointed out a large sign advertising £2.50 per day weekend only

this was the multi story car park opposite the Echo offices

I parked just past Costco on Waterloo Road (free of course)

Edited: 16 February 2013, 22:34
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: parking near cruise terminal

Two weeks parking needed as going on cruise from Liverpool .....any suggestions better than cruise lines £9 a day offer ?

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: parking near cruise terminal

You could park on Waterloo Road for free like bigscouse says but probably not a secure option. The Capital is £12 a day so the cruise lines £9 is better than that I suppose.

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: parking near cruise terminal

Have a look at www.parkatmyhouse.com seems to be a popular way to park a car for a long duration.

Have not used it myself though ... Good Luck

10. Re: parking near cruise terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 06:19