We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive hotel for family?!

Sydney
Level Contributor
496 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Inexpensive hotel for family?!

Hello all,

We are a 2 adult, two teenager family planning to stay in Liverpool for only two nights over a mid-August weekend (peak season, I know) prior to a flight out of the UK.

I've a had a look at the forum and and awaiting replies from - or been disheartened by the room prices and/or lack of availability! :-) - of the Holiday Inn Express and the Premier Travel Inn and the Dolby Hotel at Albert Dock and of the Albany Apartments.

I'd appreciate any recommendations re. a reasonably priced hotel or B&B that would be able to accomodate a 2+2 family. Onsite or nearby parking would also be great.

We had intended to stay as close as possible to Albert Dock because we only have one full day in Liverpool itself but perhaps it would be more economical to stay further afield and drive into the city?

All advice appreciated,

CP

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
7 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Inexpensive hotel for family?!

We've had amazing luck through Price Line. We use Betterbidding.com to find out what we're likely to get with the "Name Your Own Price" feature in Price Line. Here's a website that explains it. dailyperk.perkstreet.com/better-bidding/

For example, we were able to get the London Mariott Maida Vale for $88/night, USD in May of 2013. We got the Radisson Blu in Liverpool for $95 USD (plus $25/tax) on May 13, 2013. Lastly, we got the 5-star Sheraton Grand in Edinburgh for $130/night.

We do tend to wait until the last minute to book, which might explain the prices we're getting.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

midlands UK
Level Contributor
159 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Inexpensive hotel for family?!

Depends how old the teenagers are - I wouldn't want to share a Premier Inn room with two older teenagers (or younger ones for that matter)- can you imagine trying to get ready to go out in the morning with one tiny bathroom? The apartments mentioned by 'Cheeseburger' are more expensive, if I remember when I was researching places last year. A little over £50 pp per night for a city centre position isn't bad. 2 rooms at a Premier Inn on a weekend would cost about the same so yeah, I reckon the price is OK.

13. Re: Inexpensive hotel for family?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 06:17