We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is Liverpool nightlife like for about 15 Geordie lasses

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
What is Liverpool nightlife like for about 15 Geordie lasses

It is my big 50 and we fancy going away for a weekend in November some want to go to Dublin i do not fancy it never been but as i say i do not fancy it.I have always wanted to visit Liverpool so i was wondering what Liverpool has to offer as we are spoilt rotten for nightlife in Newcastle.

So any information would be helpful as to what areas for bed and breakfasts or travel lodges and what area is best for drinking i am going to tell them it is my party and i want t o go to Liverpool as geordies always get on with scousers.

liverpool
Level Contributor
912 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is Liverpool nightlife like for about 15 Geordie lasses

Well you will not be disapointed the nightlife is great and there is something for everybody the are several areas all within walking distance you have the Cavern quarter based around Mathew st which includes Flares a 70's bar around the corner you have the likes of the NEWZ bar very trendy.

Then you have the Bold st quarter full of younger people plenty of bars and clubs and there are great restaurants to suit all and chinatown which serves food all night

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is Liverpool nightlife like for about 15 Geordie lasses

Many thanks scoucekeith for your help do have any ideas where to stay that is not far from the city centre any B&B that will take a group of women I am going to see how it it will cost going on the train from Newcastle.

Shropshire England
Level Contributor
424 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is Liverpool nightlife like for about 15 Geordie lasses

Hi Lesleywood

Scousekeith is not selling Liverpool very well.

Liverpool nightlife is great, I cant belive keith only gave Matthew Street a brief mention. Its bar after bar after bar. We wanted to return to one on our second night but could not find it, there are so many.

I know you are spoilt in Newcastle but you wont be dissapointed in Liverpool

liverpool
Level Contributor
912 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is Liverpool nightlife like for about 15 Geordie lasses

Mikri,

Thanks for the reminder I do get a bit blaise it is fantastic

As for hotels there are lots and I would suggest looking at TA for people who have stayed recently plenty of travellodges, etc but please do not stay at the Adelphi

As a sideline and for something a bit different during the day could I suggest you head to the Albert dock and take the Liverpool duck tour This is a very unusual tour and will finish with a splash it will pass an hour while waiting to start the evening's fun

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is Liverpool nightlife like for about 15 Geordie lasses

First of all Lesley happy birthday and congratulations, I love Newcastle, I used to stay on the Quayside just past the Malmaison, and opposite the Baltic, and loved every minute of my trips. (Especially Bar Luga!)

In Liverpool I recommend the Newz Bar as mentioned above - you will be well looked after, the customer service is very good. Also my current fave to eat/drink is Alma de Cuba in Seel Street- a converted church, good food and atmosphere, pretty unique.

It is not far from there to numerous other bars.

You don't say how many of you there are, there are Premier Inn and Travelodge in the City Centre, walking distance to all the nightlife, the City Center is pretty compact, or if you are in heels it's a short taxi ride.

Also some good shops for those last minute birthday treats, try the

Met Quarter.Have a great trip.

UK
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What is Liverpool nightlife like for about 15 Geordie lasses

I believe the football fixture lists are out soon, therefore you may need to book accommodation for a Saturday night quickly, because the hotels get booked up and may cost more when Liverpool are playing a home game.

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is Liverpool nightlife like for about 15 Geordie lasses

yeh, you must book acc early as rooms sell out fast especially on sat night.... try premiertravelinn albert dock.. great value at £55 per room on the waterfront near great bars/eats etc.... only a5min walk into town or £3 taxi..... the nightlife is great in liverpool just like newcastle...just depends on what type of bars you all like really... enjoy

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,511 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is Liverpool nightlife like for about 15 Geordie lasses

i will make a suggestion that you should look at city centre apartments..

try www.premgroup.com

it will be the cheaper option, but there again you will be able to get good deals on hotels or travel lodges....

i have never been to newcastle , but i would say that you will have more than enough places to see and drink...

you will need more than a weekend to see and enjoy everything..

but do book early , especially if liverpool are at home that weekend..

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is Liverpool nightlife like for about 15 Geordie lasses

Well we are all sorted there is about 13 of us coming down the 10th till the 12th Nov we are staying at the Premeir Travel Inn in Derby road about 3 miles out of the centre but that does not bother us.

I must say the lass that took my booking was very helpful i forgot to take her name but we were very impressed and i just know we are going to have a good time in Liverpool a laugh shopping and drinking ,by the way some of the lasses want to know is there a PRIMARK in Liverpool and is it easy to find.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is Liverpool nightlife like for about 15 Geordie lasses

Hi Lesley, you will have a great time in Liverpool and Derby Road isn't too far from the centre of town, just a short taxi ride. Don't know where abouts the Premier Travel Inn is. There is a Primark in Liverpool, it has just opened or about to open.

Don't forget to do a trip across the Mersey also have heard the Duck Tours are really good for a laugh too.

If your'e into a bit a culture check out the Angican Catheral, it's just great and you can go right up to the top and see for miles.

Have a great time and enjoy your stay in Liverpool