We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special Olympics in Bath

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,190 posts
Save Topic
Special Olympics in Bath

yeah I know wrong forum but.................

My niece Shuana from the Mosely Hill area of Liverpool is taking part in the Secial Olympics in Bath in August,they are doing a fund raising bag pack in Sainsbury's East Prescot Road on Saturday 15 June . Shuana will be representing the North west of England in some of the swimming events.these young adult don't get any money from goverment to cover their costs and have to raise the majority of their travel and accommodation cost themselves,so if anyone is around on the 15th and wants to drop a few quid in the collection box then please do so.

One thing that will come out of this is that you are going to see a Scotsman down in Bath in August screaming his heart out for and English win,you don't see that every day.

a wee news article about Shauna.

downsyndromeliverpool.org.uk/wp-content/uplo…

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,752 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special Olympics in Bath

Sorry unclegus, have only just seen this as I've been away. (several days in Belgium drinking beer !!!)

Pity that todays bag-pack isn't at Tesco on Mather Avenue as I live around the corner from there. Sainsburys on East Prescot Rd is difficult for me to get to, otherwise I would have donated some money.

Anyway, Bath is full of mad, eccentric people, so a crazy Scotsman there in August won't look out of place. ;-p

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Special Olympics in Bath

We wish her every luck, what an amazing achievement, you must be extremely proud

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,190 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Special Olympics in Bath

Atually the Special Olympics are in Bristol,just the team is staying in Bath(my mistake).I have been informed that they collected over £1000 at the bag pack,so thank you all the people of Liverpool who donated such a great sum of money.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,190 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Special Olympics in Bath

Matt all that beer drinking is bad for you.I was at the Czech Beer festival a few weeks ago,you can read my report here.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274707-i96-k659…

5. Re: Special Olympics in Bath

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 12:53
6. Re: Special Olympics in Bath

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 07:18