We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation near Anfield

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Topic
accomodation near Anfield

Hi,

I am looking for accomodation as close as possible to Anfield as my son wants to attend a match while there It doesnt need to be fancy just clean and safe.

Thanks for your assistance

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodation near Anfield

The an field guest house on An field Rd, directly behind the ground 5 minute walk 0151284 0060 good reviews on here, £75 per night on sat or sun. Good luck, city centre is only 5 mins away in a cab, so if you were to stay in city centre you would have more of a choice and could get a better deal, would advise book early once you get your match tickets, as where e er you stay in Liverpool its chocca when the red men are at home and rooms are hard to find if you leave it late, good luck YNWA JFT96

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodation near Anfield

If you are staying for a few days I would advise the city centre and get a bus or a taxi to Anfield for the match, as their is much more to see.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodation near Anfield

The Anfield area is not particularly attractive and you would be much better off staying in the city centre and getting a bus or cab to the ground. Liverpool is a nice city but, as with most football stadia in most cities, Anfield stadium is not situated in the nicest part of town. It's perfectly safe on match day, but is otherwise pretty down-at-heel.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accomodation near Anfield

You can't argue with any of them sentiments, but good luck anyway.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
13,939 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accomodation near Anfield

Plenty of cheap hotels in the city centre such as Travelodge, Premier Inn, Ibis, Dolby, Campanile, Days Inn, Holiday Inn.

Problem is that when Liverpool play at home all the cheap hotel rooms sell out fast, and so do the more budget hotels in Anfield.

I wouldn't book any accomodation until your son has secured a ticket for a match at Anfield. And don't forget, that match fixtures can change due to them being broadcast on television.

Perhaps consider booking through Thomas Cook Sport, then if the game is rescheduled then so will your accomodation: thomascooksport.com/Football/…Liverpool-FC

Edited: 09 July 2013, 21:17
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accomodation near Anfield

As others say the Anfield locality is pretty dire. There is a travelodge about 2 miles out town on the A580 (East Lancs road) which might be ok and you could catch a bus into town with a very short walk from the bus stop

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: accomodation near Anfield

Thank you everyone for your help. We will wait to see if he can get a ticket to a match before booking our accommodation. We will try Thomas Cook Sport otherwise if he doesn't get a ticket at least he can go and look at the stadium.

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: accomodation near Anfield

Should you get tickets for a game ( under no circumstances buy tickets from any unofficial source)

2 places only for tickets LFC or Thomas Cook

If u get a ticket via LFC

I would stay in Liverpool city centre, for many, many reasons

Forget staying in/near Anfield

Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: accomodation near Anfield

yeah taxis are quite cheap compared to london and the south best staying in the city centre loads of culture also

East Haddam...
Level Contributor
584 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: accomodation near Anfield

If you are just going in for the game an that's it, I would suggest the Anfield Guest House. Its really close and a really easy walk. If your going to be a few days stay in the center and go to some attractions then take a bus or a taxi. Check the bus schedules for game days and try to get there early.