We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryan air hold lugggage

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ilford , Essex...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ryan air hold lugggage

What a rip off! I was very surprised not to be offered the option of adding hold luggage at the time of booking,a couple of months ago, through Cheap O air .co.uk. I just went to manage my booking to add baggage and was horrified to see the charges have gone up hugely- it's £80 return for a 20kg bag and £30 return for a 15kg bag. So I just paid an extra £300 for 5 people to take a small bag! If i'd known at the time of booking I could have budgeted accordingly, or looked for a different flight. I used Easy Jet recently to book for another holiday, and they were fantastic- you added luggage and could even choose your seat at the time of booking.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,439 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryan air hold lugggage

Why not post this in the Air Travel forum

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Tr…

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,549 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryan air hold lugggage

But be prepared for the barrage of posts saying not to book Ryaniar flights through third party bookers. And I still can't believe people are still using cheapoair! Even the name suggests it is a joke of a company.

Ilford , Essex...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryan air hold lugggage

I learnt that the hard way! They seemed to offer the best prices and times and airport that I wanted, after extensive research, but now I know the down side1

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryan air hold lugggage

how have you paid £300 for five people to take A small bag? even five average bags would have only been £150,and you have your free cabin allowance, some of these bags were HUGE. You must have realised you couldnt take a shed load of stuff for free. Ryanair is OK, play by the rules and its a great way to get around cheaply.

Edited: 28 July 2013, 08:31
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
717 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryan air hold lugggage

I wouldn't fly with ryanair tbh.. such rip-offs.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryan air hold lugggage

Why would you use Cheapo Air, the flights with Ryanair"s website would have been cheaper, as you would pay a commision to Cheapo Air. The times and airports etc would have been exactly the same with Ryanair direct.

Agree with Annabelle, with a name like that i would not touch it with a barge pole :-)

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryan air hold lugggage

Davey1800

I can`t understand why you say that.

Ryanair have very strict rules and regulations. If you stick to those rules , keep to the baggage allowances and print off your boarding card you will get a cheap flight.

Despite what ill informed people say there are no hidden charges . All prices , fees and extras are in black and white as you book..

The ones who complain about Ryanair are usually those who didn`t stick to the rules and get penalised or those who have never used them and listen to hearsay.

The actual flights are much the same as other airlines and they have the largest newest fleet in Europe.

They have an excellent safety record.

I have used them several times , travelled extremely cheaply and have never had any problems.

Graham

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryan air hold lugggage

ditto graham

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryan air hold lugggage

Pays to check other airlines as well as the supposed budget airlines,I've regularly found Aer Lingus to be cheaper than Ryanair for flights to Dublin & KLM to be cheaper than Easy Jet when flying to Amsterdam,KLM's price includes your hold luggage & you get fed & watered!

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryan air hold lugggage

A lot depends upon how early you book.

With both Ryanair and Easyjet the earlier you book the cheaper it is.

The nearer the flight date the dearer it gets .

Graham