We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Goodison on match day?

Exeter Devon
Level Contributor
854 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Goodison on match day?

I am paying a visit to Liverpool in October unfortunately Liverpool are away so I thought I might go and watch Everton.

Do the taxis operate from St John's Lane the same as they do for Liverpool matches?

It seemed an easy and cheap way to get there.

Thank you

Bootle45

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,258 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Goodison on match day?

Taxi One only goes to Anfield on match days.

Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Goodison on match day?

No. 19 bus from Queens Square bus station stops directly outside Goodison Park, takes about 20 minutes, costs less tha £4 for a day saver return ticket.

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Goodison on match day?

you could still do a tour of Anfield before going across the park

Exeter Devon
Level Contributor
854 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Goodison on match day?

Than you all for your replies. I was being to think that nobody actually went to Goodison these days! reckon it must be 40 years since I was last there and that was only for a Derby Game. Even Everton v Hull is preferable to shopping with my wife and daughter in Liverpool One!

Good suggestion that BigScouse going to Anfield first!

Regards

Bootle45

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Goodison on match day?

Get a saveaway ticket it will give you the option if the soccer bus and train.

You may be surprised that there is more than ten people turn up for an Everton game.

Good suggestion to do the tour first. Then cross the park in your red shirt and pants with your club shopping bag lol

Exeter Devon
Level Contributor
854 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Goodison on match day?

Very amusing suggestion Gazefc but I do want to return in one piece!

Bootle45

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
751 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to Goodison on match day?

I usually jump a black cab with friends - from either of the ranks at the Adelphi or Great Charlotte Street (outside the Wetherspoons/old Blacklers) or just hailing passing ones in the street. It usually comes to about £7 which is ok when there are 4-5 of us. If I am heading up on my own, I usually get the train from Central and get off at Kirkdale - it's only about a 10 minute walk from there to the ground and the journey itself is about 7-8 minutes if that.

If you're getting the bus, I'd suggest the 20 or the 21 which go down County Road as, for me, the 19 seems to go around the world before getting to Goodison.

Exeter Devon
Level Contributor
854 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to Goodison on match day?

Hi Dave

Many thanks for your suggestions. Kirkdale Station seems a good alternative. I seem to recall it isquite an easy walk from there.

Regards

Bootle45

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get to Goodison on match day?

I agree for 1 or 2 the Merseyrail train to Kirkdale and the walk is the best option if you are travelling from Liverpool City.

Nearly 60 years ago for me it was train on Southport Line to Bankhall and walk from there.And that was much further than from Kirkdale (Ormskirk line). Purely for nostalgic reasons I mention that there was always until mid 1950s a fleet of Liverpool Corp double deck buses waiting in line outside the station on Bankhall Bridge just to transport fans to and from Spellow Lane just off County Rd. I can still smell the ciggy smoke on both decks of the bus!

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get to Goodison on match day?

I usually get the train from Central and get off at Kirkdale - it's only about a 10 minute ???

why not get the train to Sandhills, then jump on the Soccerbus

the bus drops you off on Walton lane, only a few minutes walk then

Edited: 28 August 2013, 11:16
Get answers to your questions about Liverpool