We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anfield Club Store

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne...
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anfield Club Store

Hey guys!

I'll be visiting Liverpool for the Anfield stadium tour some time on the 2nd week of September.

I'd like to drop by the Anfield Club Store and purchase the 2013/2014 home kit with my name, number and sleeve badge printed on the jersey. Does the store provide printing services? Can it be done right there and then? I like the idea of buying the kit from the official Anfield Club Store then wearing it immediately for the tour.

Appreciate any help I can get!

Kai.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anfield Club Store

Yes they do print there and then.

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anfield Club Store

I'm assuming it's a 10-15 min job?

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anfield Club Store

More like 5, unless you have a very long name

Level Contributor
3,391 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anfield Club Store

1. Check with the shop, it might be a quick job but that doesn't mean you won't have to wait longer, depending on their queues etc.

2. There is an official shop in Liverpool One, why not get it before the day and save the hassle

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,548 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anfield Club Store

It would be much easier to go to the club shops in either Liverpool One or Williamson Square the day before the match.

liverpoolfc.com/shop/…liverpool-one

liverpoolfc.com/shop/…williamson-square

And yes, they both do printing while you wait.

If you fancy a day trip to Chester there is also an official LFC shop there too. (Goodness knows why - if I was a local from Chester I'd be supporting my local team, Chester FC!)

liverpoolfc.com/shop/…chester

Perhaps the shop in Belfast isn't enough!

liverpoolfc.com/shop/…belfast

P.S. rumours that a LFC shop will soon be opening in Norway are untrue! ;-D

Edited: 20 August 2013, 20:40
Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anfield Club Store

personally if you have the time I would visit either club shop in Liverpool city center before you get to the ground (either the day before or on the day)

it will take less than 5 minutes to print your details on the shirt

depending on what day you go for your tour the shop at the ground could get very busy, imagine 50-200 people in and around the shop ??

the tours gets extremely busy on match weekends, therefore the tours can go from every 30 minutes, to as much as every 10 minutes

btw,

you can order exactly what you want on line via the official Liverpool web site (including printing)

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Anfield Club Store

Thanks for the informative replies!

I'm planning to go on either a Monday or Tuesday, non match day. No one else in my family likes football and I was gonna travel all the way up to Liverpool from London by myself for the tour and head back.. But after a brief and quick research, I'll probably bring the family up with me and they can wander around the city (Liverpool ONE) while I head off for the tour.. Probably stay a night too.

Apologies for the side track, but here's my draft itinerary and I'd like you guys to give me a quick feedback!

- Departing London Euston to Liverpool Lime St Station on 16/9 (Mon) - 5 people via Virgin train in the morning

- Arrive Lime St station around lunch time

- Check in to Base2Stay Liverpool (seel st) - we're gonna need 2 rooms and this one popped up in my search. Seems like it's a 10 min walk from Lime St station and 5 min walk to Liverpool ONE

- I head for the stadium tour & family can walk around Liverpool ONE/city centre (yes, they all love shopping)

- Check out 17/9 (Tuesday) and head back to London after lunch

I know there's plenty to do in Liverpool other than Liverpool ONE but we're limited by time and my family mainly likes shopping - not huge fans of cultural/sight seeing. We'll keep things simple, easy and relaxing.

What do you guys think? Appreciate any feedback!

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,548 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anfield Club Store

If you haven't already booked your train tickets and accommodation I would book them ASAP.

Book train tickets at www.virgintrains.co.uk

You might find cheap advance train tickets available - these are the ones that will sell out first. Otherwise it will cost a lot more.

In fact, I have just checked and an Anytime Return ticket on the 16th Sept, returning on the 17th now costs £289 for an adult.

Cheap advance singles are still available for a total of £81 there and back, but they will sell out quickly. And with these tickets you are limited to only the train you are booked on to.

On 16th Sept you would need to get the 7.10am or 8.10am from London Euston to Liverpool, but both of these trains require a change at Crewe and cost £68.50 one way.

Returning the next day the cheapest tickets from Liverpool to London Euston are available for £12.50 and can be bought for most of the direct trains.

Edited: 20 August 2013, 23:46
Melbourne...
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Anfield Club Store

Hey @matt_1376

The price I got from the Virgin trains website was 192.50 pounds return for 5 adults.

departing london at 11:07am, arriving liverpool at 1.15pm (16/09)

departing liverpool at 2:28pm, arriving london at 4:59pm (17/09)

I think those are the "cheap" advance singles.. Nothing wrong with these tickets other than we're restricted to the date and time that we select right?

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anfield Club Store

Hi there ,your itinery is fine , yes base2stay is a 5 min walk to Liverpoolone and yes you can walk to/ from lime street station in 10/15 mins or approx £5/7 taxi fare.

Liverpool city centre is very compact and easy to walk around ( much smaller than Melbourne!!.... my favourite city overseas) Enjoy