We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting a Ticket to a LFC ticket

Hong Kong, China
7 posts
Save Topic
Getting a Ticket to a LFC ticket

Hi everybody,

I am a life-long fan of Liverpool FC from Hong Kong, and i am trying really hard to get a match ticket at Anfield for my upcoming stay in the UK this fall. I find it extremely difficult to get one abroad and as a non-member, anybody could give me some advises to get one?

1, the official website opens ticket sales to general public 21days before the match, but they were sold out like 15mins after the site allows purchasing. Is it really that competitive and is the chance to get one through this method very slim (i just tried to get the match against crystal palace on 5/10)

2, any chance of getting tickets at anfield on match day?

3, any other means to get a ticket for a reasonable price: travel agencies, local fans club, making a friend with a membership and ask him to buy for me :D

Thank you all and i wish this could happen, it is the dream of every liverpool fan here in Hong Kong to watch a life match at Anfield and i hope i will not miss this during my stay in the UK

Mentioned in this post
Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting a Ticket to a LFC ticket

1. Yes, it's competitive. Chances of getting a ticket for a Premier League match vary with the opposition, but they will all book up pretty quickly. You probably have a better chance going for a mid week European match.

2. None whatsoever

3. I can't help with this one, sorry.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,513 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting a Ticket to a LFC ticket

3. The only legal and safe option is to buy a package from Thomas Cook Sports. Won't be cheap though

www.thomascooksport.com/…

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
18,198 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting a Ticket to a LFC ticket

Have you looked at the hospitality packages for the Palace game on 5th October?

Cheapest package is the "Liverpool at The Hilton" for £126.00. It includes a 3 course meal and drinks at the Hilton hotel in Liverpool city centre, a match programme, coach transfer to Anfield, and a seat in the Upper Anfield Road Stand.

More expensive than a normal ticket, but it might be your only choice, unless you get a package through Thomas Cook Sport.

https:/…

Edited: 11 September 2013, 10:14
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting a Ticket to a LFC ticket

Write to the club direct, by email and fax..you are coming a long way and they are more likely to help if they know.

I have in the past for friends of mine used a company called Sporting Affair.

Never let me down, and what he offered he deliverd on

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting a Ticket to a LFC ticket

your best bet I'd say is 1 of 2 options

1) a corporate package via LFC, this will involve either entry to a lounge pre match, or more likely a meal weither before or after the match, with a guaranteed ticket, try the link below

http://hospitality.liverpoolfc.com/

or

2) as suggested above a package via Thomas Cook, they are official travel partners of LFC, whilst this option will not be cheap, it will come with a guaranteed match ticket

I would avoid at all costs any other web site offering tickets/hospitality, its a common problem with unofficial web sites offering tickets for games, to run into problems with either sourcing tickets or tickets being unofficial (possibly in some cases being stolen)

Edited: 11 September 2013, 19:16
Hong Kong, China
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting a Ticket to a LFC ticket

thank you all for the replies. I think im down to joining the hospitality package or from thomas cook but i guess the former will be easier.

on another note Im also planning to make a trip to Melwood to see if i can see training sections or, as i heard of what some fans could do, wait at the gate in the morning to check on players or staff coming in and see if can get a photo or a autograph. is any of these feasible, and what is the best day and time to pay a visit to Melwood.

THANKS

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,398 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting a Ticket to a LFC ticket

You can't see anything of melwood unless you do as many kids do and grab a wheelie bin and peer over the 8ft fence!

You can certainly stand at the gate and wait for players to leave. Some will stop some won't on that day.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
18,198 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting a Ticket to a LFC ticket

It's a shame you didn't visit Liverpool in June - they offered tours of Melwood, including a ride on the team coach and a Anfield Stadium tour.

Mentioned in this post
Anfield Stadium
Anfield Stadium
5,709 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting a Ticket to a LFC ticket

if you get a LFC Hospitality package, some of these have a former player who will make an appearance in the lounge, the former player could be anyone of several (Jimmy Case, Phil Neal, David Fairclough, Alan Kennedy + several others)

if you get a Thomas Cook package, there's a chance you could get autographs etc from first team players, after the game, as they leave, a number of fans stay/wait as they leave (30-60 minutes) after the final whistle, as the players leave, some weeks several players will sign, other weeks a handful will sign, you need to wait outside the Centenary Stand/Anfield Road end gates, as the players come out to go to there cars, some will come over to sign autographs

as for going to Melwood, that could be a great day, it could be a waste of time

players arrive between 9:00-10:00am, they very rarely (if not at all) stop on the way in, however when they leave, a lot depends on how many people may be outside, some players will stop all the time, others stop as & when

they usually leave after training any time after 12:00pm

Edited: 13 September 2013, 00:10
Hong Kong, China
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting a Ticket to a LFC ticket

Wow, thanks bigscouse for those information. I just bought a Hilton hospitality package for the Crystal Palace game and im really look forward to it. Will also think of other plans to maximise my experience in Liverpool and with the team. Thankyou all for all the help!