We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

40th birthday girls weekend

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
40th birthday girls weekend

Hiya

I'm trying to arrange my sisters 40th birthday weekend in Liverpool for 10 mid to late thirty something's. just wondering what bars and restaurants would you recommend? We all love drinking and dancing but don't want to be feeling too old in a bar full of twenty year olds but we do like to party. We're staying in Liverpool one area. Is it best to book restaurants etc in that area or distance wise could you walk easily in heels between Liverpool one and Mathew street? Is Mathew street a younger crowd? Also we're thinking of a comedy club one of the nights, maybe laughterhouse, is it much craic?

Really appreciate any replies, thank you!

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 40th birthday girls weekend

Sorry I can't vouch for the walk in heels due to a lack of experience(!) but Mathew Street is very close to Liverpool One - on leaving at the Lord Street side you are only a hundred yards or two. It tends to be a mixed age range on Mathew Street, depending on which bar you are but I would say the average age is quite a bit higher than say the Concert Square/Ropewalks area. Most restaurants in Liverpool One are chain restaurants which I believe just operate a "walk-in" policy so would be prepared to queue if busy. The city centre is quite manageable by foot though with plenty of restaurants at the Albert Dock & business district being among the closest suggestions. I would suggest booking with it being a weekend just to be on the safe side. It depends what sort of restaurant/food you are looking for though I guess.

I would definitely recommend Laughterhouse having been on a number of occasions and never felt let down by the experience or the standard of comedy.

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 40th birthday girls weekend

check out The Greenroom www.thegreenroomliverpool.com seems to be a good night ( part owned by ricky tomlinson) and he usually attends.... enjoy

Edited: 03 October 2013, 13:36
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 40th birthday girls weekend

I went with the girls to Liverpool aged from 18-60 and we ended up in Flares in Matthew St. Great dpot, plays all 80's , 90's , 00's and todays music. They have a light up dance floor , we thought we were in Saturday Night Fever :) . Toilets not the best but we had a great night because the music was brilliant and suited us all. Grat drink promos too.

UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 40th birthday girls weekend

Thanks for your replies. I like the sound of flares and definately going to go to comedy club. Had looked at meal in Alma de Cuba as like the idea of lively bar in the restaurant. Is there any other restaurants similar to this you would recommend? Thans

UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 40th birthday girls weekend

Oops Thanks!

Kinross, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 40th birthday girls weekend

Can I ask where you went as I am organising my friends 40th for March and looking for something fir Sat night? Was thinking about igloo but not sure if too young or if room to dance if anyone wants to. Any advice would be appreciated x

UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 40th birthday girls weekend

Sorry haven't had the time to write my reviews yet so hopefully this will help.

We had considered Igloo but thought it might be too hen doey and too young so we decided on Alma de Cuba on the Friday night and it was fab, I had been worried music wouldn't be our cup of tea but it was a good mix, there wasn't any 80's music obviously but it had up to date music and music from the noughties etc and we did a lot of dancing, including on the stage! we had booked a booth and if you are big drinkers it's definitely a great idea.

Sat night we went to Laughterhouse comedy club which was great craic and then we danced our way through the bars on Matthew street.

Eating wise we did Hanover street social and Casa Italia and both were lovely.

We stayed at the Premier Inn liverpool one and it was in such a wonderful location for shops and nightlife.

We had a fab weekend, definitely looking to go back soon!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, am sure you will!

8. Re: 40th birthday girls weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 07:20