We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're coming to Liverpool

England
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
We're coming to Liverpool

Amazingly I've only ever been to Liverpool twice. Once in 1989 when Villa got hamered at Anfield and once in 1999 when we visited my cousin who lives in Blundell Sands.

So when I saw a kgb offer for two nights at the Devenshire House Hotel, Edge Lane, for £89, I though, Why not? I've checked the TA reviews and as ever they range from Dire to Fab. We don't care as long as the sheets are clean. At that price we aren't expecting the Ritz.

Weve booked and by a complete coincidence that's the day Viila are at Anfield again. I'm waiting for a suitable moment to tell Mrs Trickster. Aparently it's only a 20 min walk from the hotel to the ground. We get one dinner with the offer, so need a recomendation for the second night please. We like all types of food.

We want to do some sightseeing. I'm a Beatles aficianado. Like so many, they are the reason I took up the guitar and have been playing it (badly) ever since. How can we get immersed in all that stuff? What about the Docks.

We will have two full days plus the day we leave. So what are the must sees. We like everything.

I know the Cavern isn't the original one but hopefully there will be a good band on one of the nights.

Thanks in anticipation

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: We're coming to Liverpool

Just one thing to add - you said that it's apparently only 20 mins walk from the hotel to Anfield Stadium, but it's more like double that. It's nearly two miles.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: We're coming to Liverpool

I thought that too, as the Devonshire House is on Edge Lane, just outside the City Centre, nowhere near Anfield, but I thought someone may know a short cut!!!!

Merseyside/England
Level Contributor
208 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: We're coming to Liverpool

From Edge Lane to Anfield Stadium: Beech St, Shiel Rd, Belmont Rd, Oakfield Rd. Fairly straightforward & should take approx 30 mins walking at a steady pace. No direct bus route from Edge Lane but taxi would only cost approx £6. Mersycabs on 0151 298 2222 are reliable.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
764 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: We're coming to Liverpool

You can get the 27 (Sheil Road Circular) bus from Holt Road just a couple of minutes walk from the Devonshire and that goes by the ground.

25. Re: We're coming to Liverpool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 06:21