We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Classy but fun restaurant and bar- late night Liverpool

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Classy but fun restaurant and bar- late night Liverpool

Ten of us are meeting in Liverpool on Friday (mixed age from 35 to 50), travelling from all over the country. We are a smart group of professionals who like to get together for a good night out every few months and we haven't been to Liverpool yet. I spent much of my misspent youth in Liverpool and love the place, but its years since I've been back for an evening out.

Can you suggest a good restaurant (Alma De Cuba is full) we could eat at- nice food with a lively atmosphere would be good, along with some good bars where we wont look out of place.

Some of the group like to dance- but are banned if any 'dad dancing' is on the radar!!

Thanks

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
750 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Classy but fun restaurant and bar- late night Liverpool

Not sure if Japanese would appeal to everyone in your party but Sapporo Teppanyaki would be one suggestion for somewhere to eat that is lively and fun. The chefs cook for you in a cooking station at your table, putting on a show as they do. It is probably more suited for group dining such as yours. It is only a short walk from Alma de Cuba as well which would still be a suitable venue for your drinks/dancing after your meal.

If Japanese doesn't appeal, would tapas be an option? If so, I would recommend Lunya. I am not sure if you would rate them as "classy" but there are a number of Brazilian rodizio restaurants that are smart and do good food - Bem Brasil is at that end of town up towards Alma de Cuba or there is Viva Brazil and the newly-opened Fazenda both in and around the business end of town towards the Pier Head.

Merseyside/England
Level Contributor
208 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Classy but fun restaurant and bar- late night Liverpool

Hi, 2 more suggestions for you are CHAOPHRAYA, a great thai restaurant in Liverpool One with a bar adjoining called PALM SUGAR that have a good cocktail menu. The other would be BISTRO FRANC on Hanover St, good food & near to many bars etc.

The above are on T/A & have websites so you can check menus out in advance

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Classy but fun restaurant and bar- late night Liverpool

You may wish to consider the bar and grill, in the heart of the commercial district individualrestaurants.com/bar-and-grill/live… a smart place for a few drinks or even food ( can be a bit pricey for some dishes) www.salthousetapas.co.uk is good for tapas but maybe a little on the small side for a group of you , opposite is the hub, a lively bar for a few drinks or maybe try the Hanover Social close by for food ( good atmosphere) .... so many places really Have fun !!!

Edited: 18 November 2013, 16:47
liverpool
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Classy but fun restaurant and bar- late night Liverpool

Another place worth considering is www.fazenda.co.uk a couple of mins walk from the bar and grill mentioned above This is a very new and welcome addition to the night life scene in Liverpool getting excellent feedback .... it has a Brazilian food theme and nice selection of drinks

Edited: 18 November 2013, 17:01
Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
363 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Classy but fun restaurant and bar- late night Liverpool

How about somewhere down at The Albert Dock? A new bar/restaurant has just opened called 'Smuggler's Cove' - sounds a bit kitsch - but has an interesting menu, serves cocktails and has been very nicely fitted out. Also has live music.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,223 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Classy but fun restaurant and bar- late night Liverpool

Motel at the bottom of Fleet Street is worth checking out for a couple of drinks.

It's table service and can at first appear to be a bit pretentious; but the beer is good and there's no riff-raff there! The music they play is also a bit off-the-wall too.

It's good value too - the draught beers are served in 2/3 pint schooners, but if you do your sums you aren't actually being ripped off.

http://independent-liverpool.co.uk/motel/

https://www.facebook.com/MotelBarLiverpool

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
363 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Classy but fun restaurant and bar- late night Liverpool

Motel might not be so good considering the age range of the ladies?

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,223 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Classy but fun restaurant and bar- late night Liverpool

I thought they were blokes?

And me and my mates are in the 35-50 age range and have been there a few times!

9. Re: Classy but fun restaurant and bar- late night Liverpool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 06:19