We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve in Liverpool

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve in Liverpool

Hi

Me and my friend are in Liverpool for NYE. We're 21 and thinking of eating out, and being at a pub for the evening. Anyone got any recommendations? Do we need to book a table? I've not found any good answers in the other posts.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
13,879 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve in Liverpool

"Anyone got any recommendations? Do we need to book a table? I've not found any good answers in the other posts."

I honestly don't know what any of the pubs, bars, clubs or restaurants have planned for New Years Eve.

I suggested on another thread some bars and clubs but I also advised the OP that they would have to check out each venues individual websites to see what they are doing on NYE.

I was in several pubs in south Liverpool this afternoon (watching the football) and I only saw one that was advertising any kind of NYE event, and that was Kelly's Dispensary on Smithdown Road (£4 a ticket with one free drink). I didn't even bother asking how I would get a ticket because I have no intention of going out on NYE.

Have a look on here http://www.anightinliverpool.com/ for some pubs, bars and clubs; but I have no idea what they have planned. Same with restaurants - have a look at the listing on the review part of Trip Advisor, but you'll have to contact each restaurant to book a table. I would not have thought you could just turn up on NYE without booking a table.

Edited: 27 December 2013, 00:34
liverpool
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve in Liverpool

Although it's a while since I have been out on nye I would think the majority of pubs in the city centre will be open with no need to book anywhere for a drink not sure about food though

The more trendy / in vogue places will have a ticket only policy but if you avoid these I think you will be fine You may however have to put a pound in the bucket if the pub has door security working ... A sort of tip the doormen expect at Xmas and new year !!! Enjoy Liverpool

Edited: 27 December 2013, 16:52
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
13,879 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve in Liverpool

Rovde - I have a few friends in Oslo and the surrounding area.

One of them has a band called "We Came From The Woods" who are doing okay. I suggest you check them out. ;-)

I've also just remembered that the local newspaper here, Liverpool Echo, have a round up of what is happening on NYE. There's also a few other local music/entertainment/club/gig guides that will list what various places are putting on over New Year.

Bear with me - I will check them out and come back with more info.

;-)

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve in Liverpool

I would recommend www.hanoverstreetsocial.co.uk for food

the website looks like you can book a table on New Year's Eve it's a large lively place with a good atmosphere and nice food . A good location in the city centre it would be the perfect place to start your evening

dublin,ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve in Liverpool

I would definitely book a table in a restaurant for nye as even on a normal Saturday hard to get a table in the albert dock area so would imagine would even worse on nye I am travelling from Dublin and booked a table in

miller and carter 3 weeks ago Blue restaurant also in Albert dock is also a nice restaurant

As far I can see there is no organized event like fireworks for nye

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
13,879 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years Eve in Liverpool

Right, here's what I found in the Liverpool Echo:

liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/live…

You can also search on their What's On guide:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/

Also try the Skinny what's on guide (change the "Location" to Liverpool):

http://www.theskinny.co.uk/art/whats_on

And this one:

www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Liverpool/…

7. Re: New Years Eve in Liverpool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2014, 05:18