We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelodges

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bucks, England
Level Contributor
93 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Travelodges

I am coming to Liverpool in April and there are 3 Travelodges to choose from. Will be coming into Lime Street, don't mind getting a taxi from the station but just wondered which one is best for location for everything and the nicest one?

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
710 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelodges

As I'm a local I've not stayed in any of them so will only comment on location. The one at Old Haymarket is the closest to Lime Street - it is about 5 minutes walk away. I would class the Strand one as being in walking distance also - probably another 10 minutes although you could get a taxi there quite cheaply. While you could walk to the Docks one it would take considerably longer. The Strand one is ideally located for the Liver Building, Museum of Liverpool, Albert Dock as well as Liverpool One whereas the Old Haymarket one is ideal for St George's Hall, World Museum & Walker Art Gallery. It is closer to the Hope Street area where the Cathedrals are situated as well as to Chinatown. Given the compact nature of the city centre though and the fact they aren't all that far apart, both would be quite good sites for reaching places so there would not be an awful lot of difference between the two, but if you were to pick a winner it may depend on the nature of your visit and whereabouts you are looking to get to while you are here.

The Docks one is a bit more out on a limb but is not too far from the Echo Arena, Big Wheel and Albert Dock as well as the up-and-coming Baltic Triangle area. It may be an option if you can get significant savings over the other two and you don't mind the walking.

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,190 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelodges

Don't forget Travelodges will generally not store luggage for you against an early arrival or late departure. I've been caught like that before

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,548 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelodges

There are 4 Travelodges - Old Haymarket, The Strand, Exchange Street and down at Brunswick Dock.

Any of the first 3 would be more suitable if you plan on getting around on foot.

If you get a room at the front of the hotel at Old Haymarket you will get nice views overlooking St Georges Hall, St John's Gardens and William Brown Street.

If you get a room at the front overlooking the Strand at the Strand hotel you will get nice views of Albert Dock, the Liver Building and Pier Head.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,492 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelodges

Travelodge "Central" location is walking distance from Lime St station

locate using Google MAPS.

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
363 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelodges

Either 'The Haymarket', or the' Central Exchange' ones are probably the best located.

Merseyside/England
Level Contributor
208 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelodges

Hi, my vote would go to The Strand Travelodge, it is less than 2 years old but has recently been refurbished. The location is good for Albert Dock, Mathew St & Liverpool One. A taxi from Lime St will cost approx £5.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelodges

Hi

I have stayed in all except for the Docks one. The Strand or Exchange are the best. I stayed in the Central twice the first time no problem but the second time put me off ever going back the room was like a furnace.....we were at the front facing the Ship n Mitre 5th floor and to top it all the window opened only 4" it was a nightmare it was as if we were next to a boiler-it put me right off . All good value for money and excellent customer service/staff. I think I did review them before!

doncaster england
Level Contributor
332 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelodges

have stayed in the strand twice and found it to be a lovely place to stay ask for front facing rooms then you overlook albert docks , you can pay an extra ten pounds for early book in and as far as value have just booked 4 nights beginning of may and its cost £100 room only now thats a bargain .

9. Re: Travelodges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 06:17