We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant in Hampton by Hilton at airport

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant in Hampton by Hilton at airport

We are thinking of staying in the Hampton by Hilton for an early morning flight and from reading the reviews, forums etc it sounds ideal in location however I note that a couple of recent reviews complain about the food.

Please could anyone confirm if there is a problem with the restaurant, and if so why (overpriced, food not good etc) and could anyone tell me if they have a kids menu. We have and 8 and 6 year old. I will telephone hotel but opinions would be good.

I have also read from the forum that we would have to get a taxi or have quite a walk to get to nearby restaurants, is this still the case?

All we want is to get to our hotel, have a nice tea and a drink to start our holiday.

Many thanks for any advice.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
763 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant in Hampton by Hilton at airport

I cannot help you with regard to the food at the Hampton I am afriad. If you are considering alternative places to eat though....

The airport has the river on one side and a large housing estate to the other so it would be a taxi or a bus to somewhere else if you weren't looking to eat at the hotel. There are plenty of buses which would take you to Woolton, Allerton Road or Aigburth where there is a lot of choice to suit different tastes and budgets. You may find though that if there are four of you it may be cheaper to do it by taxi. There are a couple of pubs not too far away - the Hillfoot which is oart of the Sizzling Pub chain and Allerton Hall (locally known as the Pub In The Park) which is a Fayre & Square chain pub but is in an old stately home set amongst the lovely backdrop of Clarke Gardens. You can get a bus to the former but would need a taxi to the latter. Damon's (an American diner style restaurant) is also not far by bus or taxi.

It is possible to walk to some of these places but it would take a long time so I really wouldn't recommend it especially with the potential for getting lost.

There is the aiport itself but I think it is very limited what you can get landside if I remember correctly.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,474 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant in Hampton by Hilton at airport

I'd get a taxi or bus to Lark Lane in Aigburth or to Allerton Road/Penny Lane/Smithdown Road area where there's plenty of restaurants, bars and pubs to choose from.

P.S. Just noticed you had young children, but The Dovey on Penny Lane is child friendly and is worth a visit, not only for food, but because of it's location on Penny Lane, and also because Freddy Mercury used to live there!

Edited: 30 January 2014, 18:23
Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant in Hampton by Hilton at airport

Thank you Dave and Matt for your replies you have helped us decide that we will eat somewhere before getting to hotel and then just have a drink in bar. We are travelling from Carlisle after school on a Friday night so may set off a little later so we don't hit rush hour and will eat on the way.

I am going to book hotel today by phone and will ask about the menus and post on here my findings for anyone who is interested. I also have to confirm the parking situation as an email I got says that parking is free!

Many thanks again

4. Re: Restaurant in Hampton by Hilton at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2014, 19:12
Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant in Hampton by Hilton at airport

Just to confirm what I found out which may help others.

They offer family rooms which I was initially told would sleep the four of us but when I rang to book was told it only slept three for £89 including 8 days car parking. This is a park, stay and go package that they offer online. The room has a queen size bed in and a pull out sofabed. However a room which sleeps four is available online at £89.00 but only has free parking for the nights you stay and then it is £8 per day.

With regard to the food in the restaurant, this was the reply I got via email:-

We also have a onsite restaurant that offers a menu of pizza, curries and burgers. As for our children menu that currently is Spaghetti Bolognese, Sausage, chips and beans and also Chicken nuggets, chips and beans.

Hope this is helpful if you are looking at this hotel.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant in Hampton by Hilton at airport

I noticed that on the other side of Dobbies Garden centre, there is a new Toby Carvery restaurant, is this hotel near to Dobbies?

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant in Hampton by Hilton at airport

It isn't that far from Dobbies but probably too far to walk,we have used this carvery & were very impressed,we also used to love Damons but our last two recent visits have been disapointing both on the subject of food quality & service,shame.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant in Hampton by Hilton at airport

Glad to hear good news about the carvery,I might get a chance to try it next week. I agree about Damon's, we only tried it once and would never return. I haven't met anyone who has anything good to say about it, I am amazed that it is still operating.

Is this hotel the one right next to Dobbies?

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant in Hampton by Hilton at airport

No the Holiday Inn Express is next to Dobbies,the Hilton is near to the airport itself.

As for Damons we first went some years ago after a work colleague recomended it & we had many excellent meals there,don't know what has happened lately!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant in Hampton by Hilton at airport

Thanks for that, I knew there was an hotel next to Dobbies, just didn't know which one.