We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Inn, Whitechapel

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
684 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
City Inn, Whitechapel

Hi there

I am over in Liverpool Friday 9 to Sunday 11 May but due to Liverpool FC being at home on the Sunday I am finding it really difficult getting any accom. for the Saturday night.

I tried the website www.holidaylettings.co.uk and found a place called City Inn that looks more like a hostel with dorms rather then individual bedrooms and wondered if anyone had heard or had any experience with it as i cant find any info on trip advisor and the main booking sites dont seem to list it either.

Thanks

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
16,292 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City Inn, Whitechapel

Sorry, never heard of it. I'll see if I can find it and get back to you later.

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
366 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City Inn, Whitechapel

No, I've never heard of it either....

Have you tried looking at B&Bs? There are a few really good ones not too far out of the city centre. Look on this site.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
16,292 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City Inn, Whitechapel

Well, I walked down Whitechapel in Liverpool city centre a couple of hours ago and didn't see the "City Inn".

I can't even see it on the link that the OP gave above.

And I did a google search and nothing comes up.

Is the OP sure that it's on Whitechapel?

But I have just looked on www.booking.com and the chepaest I can find for 1 person is the Embassie Backpackers Hostel on Faulkner Square which is about a mile from the city centre - and they are asking for £42 for 2 nights in the "female dormitory"!

Apart from that they are listing availability in the Premier Inn hotels in Bromborough, St Helens and Heswall - all quite a few miles from Liverpool - or there's a couple of places in Widnes.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City Inn, Whitechapel

I have been on the website you said..And I cannot find it...There is an apartment in East Village which looks ok..That is just off Duke Street..

But no City Inn

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
684 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: City Inn, Whitechapel

Hi there, thanks for your replies. This is the link :

holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/…1398686

but I am doubting its existence as I tried sending an e-mail and had no reply.

Edited: 10 April 2014, 13:44
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: City Inn, Whitechapel

If you read the description on Holiday Lettings, it refers to the inn as The Liverpool Inn (which is on Mount Pleasant). There are a couple of reviews for The Liverpool Inn on TA. But seems strange to call it two different names under the same listing. Very odd.

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
684 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: City Inn, Whitechapel

Thanks Patricia

Does anyone know how to cancel my post with the link as I think it shows my personal details

Thanks

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: City Inn, Whitechapel

I can't see any personal details there, manxtravellor, but if you wish to delete your post you should click on "Report inappropriate content" at the bottom right of the post, and then from the drop-down menu click on "Remove my post."

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
684 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: City Inn, Whitechapel

Thanks Patricia

It maybe just on my computer that when it opens it has a copy of the e-mail I sent them, probably something to do with cookies.

It does not look like they have anything available there anyway.

I have managed to get a room in Formule1 which was a very last case scenario but it can be cancelled if I find something more suitable.

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: City Inn, Whitechapel

Manxtravellor i can also confirm that your personal details are not shown here

Get answers to your questions about Liverpool