We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Anfield tour?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Which Anfield tour?

Hi everyone,

I will be returning to Liverpool on June 16 for 4 days after a 5 year absence and hoping this time to do an Anfield Tour. I'm not sure which one to do. Any tips? Are there any discount codes around for June 2014? Any help appreciated?

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Anfield tour?

There's several types of tours, see link below

liverpoolfc.com/history/tour-and-museum/tour…

there's also a code for 2-4-1 admission on the same link for Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, weather this will still be valid in June remains to be seen though

the main tours consist of either a standard club guide walking you (and the group) around, this can be upto 50 people in every group

or you can do whats known as a Legends tour, this is where a former player (Phil Thompson, Jan Molby, Alan Kennedy, Phil Neal, + several others, however these are only on certain dates, you woud have to check your dates to see if this was available at the time

bear in mind all tours get very busy in the summer months, also should we win the league (and lets hope we do) again this will increase numbers wanting not only to do the tour but also get a picture with the trophy

from memory and previous posts, I think you can only book tours 2 months (8 weeks) ahead, so if you can't book online try either phoning or emailing the tours dept

good luck

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Anfield tour?

looks like the Summer Melwood tours are back on

why not try these whilst your home, it could be a once in a life time experience

Melwood Experience & LFC Story

Join us for this once in a lifetime opportunity, as Melwood exclusively opens its doors to fans for a limited period only. Your journey begins when you board the bus from Anfield to Melwood and follow the route that the players used when reporting for training and the current match day journey. Go beyond the barrier at Melwood on our exclusive tour giving you behind the scenes access to Liverpool Football Clubs world class training complex and most closely kept sporting secret. After soaking up the hidden gems of Melwood, finish off the experience by returning to Anfield and enjoy the best view in the house of the pitch from our Executive Boxes. At each stage of your tour you will get an expert insight into Melwood, Anfield and the Club from one of our experienced tour guides. Entry into the LFC Museum is also included within the price which you may visit as often as you wish on the day of your tour. A must for all Liverpool fans, a truly unmissable opportunity.

PLEASE NOTE:

Tour duration is approx 2hrs

Tour routes are subject to change dependent upon operational requirements.

No photographs allowed in Melwood.

This tour is not suitable for pushchairs, prams or wheelchairs.

also it looks like there's 1 legends tour during your stay, tour is with Ian Callaghan

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,234 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Anfield tour?

@bigscouse - do you have a link for the Melwood tours for this year?

I can't find it on the LFC website.

My dad and brother went on it last year and said it was excellent - especially the ride on the official LFC team coach from Anfield to Melwood and back to Anfield.

I wouldn't mind going on the tour myself this year. ;-)

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Anfield tour?

matt,

I just entered the OP'S dates into the tour booking option, the melwood tour option came up betwen those dates

not sure exactly how long the Melwood tour option will be on for, probably about 4-6 weeks

try this

https:/…

Edited: 22 April 2014, 21:59
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Anfield tour?

Thanks bigscouse- you brought a tear to my eye when you said 'whilst your home'. I'm not from Liverpool but mum. dad, sisters & brother are but I was born in Australia after they emigrated. When I went to Liverpool for the first time 5 years ago I did feel like I was 'home" and can't wait to have that feeling again. I'm pretty excited about the Melwood tour though I though the museum was closed until later in the year and of course I would love a photo with you know what (watching every match live here in Perth, Australia every week).

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Anfield tour?

I went on the Liverpool Legends tour with Phil Thompson, absolutely fantastic, had a smile on my face for days after. Well recommend that, great stories from him.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Anfield tour?

I have chosen the Melwood Experience. Really looking forward to it. Cheers.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Anfield tour?

Hi Bigscouse,

"There's also a code for 2-4-1 admission on the same link for Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, weather this will still be valid in June remains to be seen though"

May I know where to get the code? My husband and oldest child are LFC fans, and they are interested in an Anfield Tour. It would be so nice if they could really get this offer. We were planning to come on a Friday 6 June or Sat 7 June initially, will change plan if the offer is available.

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Anfield tour?

hi hi,

I am sorry, I found the code when I went to your link! RED241. Many thanks for highlighting this though:-)

Liverpool, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Anfield tour?

Melwood tour is decent, although not on team bus this year by the looks of it :( it does however include a viewing into an executive box which have never been used for public tours before!

All the guides I've encountered are great too! Well worth a visit if you are in the city.