We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best pub to watch lfc v cfc

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sunderland
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
best pub to watch lfc v cfc

Coming down from Sunderland to watch the game staying in the centre at the nadler hotel massive red fan but been let down with a ticket so bringing the wife down for the weekend were is the best pub near or in the centre to watch it

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,548 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best pub to watch lfc v cfc

There's a place called Envi around the corner from the Nadler on Fleet Street.

It's a nightclub but they show the football on a massive screen and there's plenty of seats laid out like in a cinema. Drinks in there are cheap and there's usually a good atmosphere, especially if Liverpool are winning.

There's a few other places close by such as Soho or Walkabout on Concert Square, 100 metres up the road from Envi. Or if you want more traditional pubs then go to Pogue Mahones Irish pub at the top of Seel Street (the Nadler is at the other end of Seel Street) or to the Dispensary real ale pub on Renshaw Street.

Plenty of other places on the other side of town on Mathew Street and Dale Street will also have the match on.

Edited: 26 April 2014, 10:16
sunderland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: best pub to watch lfc v cfc

Thanks mat have you been to the fly in the loaf heard thats decent does walkabout get a bit lairy or is it okay for the matches

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,548 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best pub to watch lfc v cfc

The Fly In The Loaf closed last Sunday for a refurb.

Looking at the photos they posted on their Facebook page I can't see it being open for another couple of weeks! ;-p

https:/…

P.S. I haven't been to Walkabout for a couple of years now, ever since they put their prices up.

I'd try Envi first which doesn't get too lairy, not when I've been there anyway, and if you don't like it then you can always move on to another pub at half time. Perhaps Soho around the corner on Concert Square. They have cheap pints at the weekend and I've never seen any trouble there during the day when the footy is.

Edited: 26 April 2014, 10:47
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,548 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best pub to watch lfc v cfc

P.P.S. I wouldn't normally recommend Concert Square because it has a reputation on a Friday and Saturday night, but is okay during the day.

Well, apart from last Sunday afternoon over the Easter weekend when I walked through and it was full of hen and stag groups and local "lids" out on the lash because they didn't have to get up for work the next day as it was a bank holiday!

sunderland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: best pub to watch lfc v cfc

Class pmsl its the same in Sunderland on bank holiday proper knobheads round the city centre most still at school think I'll head to walkabout thanks mate

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best pub to watch lfc v cfc

Www.sirthomashotel.co.uk victories street a decent place to watch the game , drinks cost a little more than pubs but you should get a seat and see the game in comfort , will be busy though( ps the place is owned by flanno's uncles!)

Edited: 26 April 2014, 13:51
liverpool
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best pub to watch lfc v cfc

The address is Victoria street not as above (grrrr pretext!)

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,492 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: best pub to watch lfc v cfc

try "Cafe Sports" in 42 -44 Stanley St / Whitechapel

across from the Met Quarter Shopping Centre.

sunderland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: best pub to watch lfc v cfc

Thanks purdydog is it far from seel st do you know think everywhere will be bouncing hopefully

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best pub to watch lfc v cfc

Dave everywhere will be busy I reckon , the hotel is an easy 10/15 min walk from your place just head for the met quarter shopping centre and it's just at the Victoria street entrance( opp jack wills clothes shop )

Ps cafe sports as recommended above has closed down

Enjoy