We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my mistake

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
my mistake

Took some lovelly pictures around Liverpool city centre and made the foolish mistake of calling st Georges hall the town hall when posted on trip advisor? (My mistake) sorry to all but as can only write the one review i cannot correct my error. Liverpool is an amazing city with plenty of culture/art/ history/ and architecture that alot of people from Liverpool walk past everyday without really noticing, (ashamedly) i,ve been one of them people until now. If come to Liverpool, have à good look around especially in the town centre, you will be amazed by some of the buildings, i was and ive lived here all m'y life which is 50 years?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,851 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: my mistake

>>> (My mistake) sorry to all but as can only write the one review i cannot correct my error. <<<

You can, although this may mean you have to ask for the review to be taken down. Click on 'Help Centre' at the bottom of the page.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: my mistake

You can click on the small flag at the bottom right-hand side of your review, and then on "Problem with this Review." Click that it is posted to the wrong location, and then input the correct one.

I don't know which would be the correct location though, as your review makes no mention of St George's Hall.

Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: my mistake

Wirewiper thank you , i had no idea? Will try your suggestion once posted this reply. Appreciated.

Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: my mistake

Patricia p, thank you, i,m born and bred in Liverpool and have no idea what possessed me into saying "town hall" i just wanted to post some pictures to share on tripadvisor which i took recently and looked on tripadvisor site and somehow got confused and the pics i posted where centred around st georges hall mostly. I only want to correct the words under the photos really? Thank you for your suggestion and will see what i can do about it now. Thanks again.

Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: my mistake

Have just tried suggestions to edit photos i posted and all i seemed to be able to do was report as wrong location? Hope they dont take them down altogether but will just post again this time under the proper site? St Georges hall? Sorry again to all, and thanks to all who offered me the advice.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,524 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: my mistake

I was going to suggest that you also do a review of St George's Hall and put your photo's on there.

If there's any problems I'll sort it out for you. ;-)

Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: my mistake

Thanks matt? Already done that now? Re-sent to st Georges site? Computer dunce me mate? Only got my phone aswell, will have 2 take some classes. Got laptop once, only had it à day, came up "you have à virus" me being thé idiot pressed thé button and infected thé laptop so just boxed it up and sent it back? Thought never again. I will have to tho using phone will end up costing me à fortune. Just want to highlight some of the things we have here in Liverpool cos Its more than just museums and Beatles etc etc, Theres so much and i only started to notice meself à few weeks back? Thanks mate, appreciated.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: my mistake

Good stuff

Honestly now you are getting into this again. Get a laptop again as it will open up lots of new things.

Library (at least where I am usually runs free courses) but sometimes you learn via your mistakes.

Liverpool is where I go to chill and get a wee break love it! I am a Beatles/music fan too the pubs cannot be beat for the music scene but as you said that's only the start I have walked for miles and poss still only scratched the surface.

Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: my mistake

Yes i,ve been going library but just to get the hang of actually using computer? Wouldnt like to take à course and know absolutely nothing, took me an hour to find out how to get Google up believe it or not? Been going afew weeks now and think have the basics so think you are right and it,s time for me to make the next move and sign up for a course. Just that thé first attenpt terrified me. Glad you come to Liverpool, as you say there is so much to see hear but the sad thing is, most of it isnt on thé tourist map, as i Saïd ive lived here all my life and its only now that i,ve took the time to actually look around and i want to be able to promote places via tripadviser what the average tourist or even liverpudlians never knew was there and a camera and laptop would enable me to at least show à small part of that? Thank you for your post.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,524 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: my mistake

Do you have family or friends with a computer?

Perhaps they could show you the ropes.

Put a picture (avatar) up so we know what you look like, or just a picture of Liverpool or whatever. The avatar is the picture that is displayed by your name on the forum.

Then, keep on coming onto the Liverpool forum and you will see that loads of people from all around the world come on here and ask for help and advice on visiting Liverpool. If you think you can help with someones question then post an answer and that way you can help to promote the city.

Even if it's a simple question like "can you recommend a nice restaurant in Liverpool city centre?" or "is St George's Hall worth visiting?" etc - if you can give a honest answer that you think will fit the bill, then fire away.

Most of the people who come onto the Trip Advisor forums are very appreciative if you can help them in any way, and they usually like to hear it from a local who has been there and got the t-shirt! ;-)

P.S. I don't actually look like the character in my avatar! ;-D

Edited: 15 June 2014, 14:23