We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel would you choose to stay in from these four?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hotel would you choose to stay in from these four?

We are arriving from London via train, mid afternoon. Staying one night, then leaving the following day in the evening from the airport. Taking in a Beatles Tour, Beatles Story, Mersey Ferry and such. I have narrowed it down to: The Richmond, Z Hotel, Premier and the Nadler. Any thoughts on this? Thanks for any advice, or hints and tips on my stay!

Missouri USA
Level Contributor
426 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel would you choose to stay in from these four?

I like the Nadler because of the kitchenette, but I don't think one night really makes a difference. It's nice to have a fridge and microwave when you are there for a couple days. It is also just a five minute walk from a Starbucks and there are several restaurants and clubs nearby.

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
366 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel would you choose to stay in from these four?

Yes, I'd go for The Nadler: great reviews; central for most attractions; lots of places to eat nearby; a supermarket down the road.....

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hotel would you choose to stay in from these four?

You are trying to pack a lot in in a limited time...Albert Dock is where the Beatles Story is..depending on when you are leaving going...

You will need to get to the airport in good time..Its not like the USA, plenty of security checks etc..and the plane wont wait for you !

Edited: 18 June 2014, 13:12
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Hotel would you choose to stay in from these four?

Ok that's good advice. So how much in advance of our flight should we leave Liverpool by cab?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
282 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Hotel would you choose to stay in from these four?

I'd plan for 30 minutes by taxi from town to the airport. Aim to get to the airport 2 hours before flight time.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Hotel would you choose to stay in from these four?

OK I'm dialing it in now! So we arrive at Lime Station at 13:30. We walk to Nadler and check in. Its now about 14:30 - 15:00. So maybe we go catch the 16:00 Mersey Ferry? How much time should I estimate to go through Beatles Story? Because Im thinking of doing that and a 3 hour Beatle tour. I think we can do both the next day before we must get in cab at 17:50 to be on time for a 20:10 flight to Dublin. Sounding do-able??

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Hotel would you choose to stay in from these four?

Hi,

Did you dismiss

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186337-d1936… ?

Book best suite.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
16,340 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Hotel would you choose to stay in from these four?

You don't say when you are visiting Liverpool.

If it's over the Summer and if the weather is nice then after the Mersey Ferry you will have plenty of time to wonder along to Albert Dock and maybe a few other places around town such as the two cathedrals.

If you are visiting in the middle of Winter then you wouldn't be able to do that.

I've only been to the Beatles Story once and I whizzed around it in about 45 mins. Some people could spend several hours there.

Do you plan on going on the Magical Mystery bus tour, or one of the taxi tours? The taxi tours are more expensive but can be tailored for you.

P.S. if you are a big Beatles fan then have you considered staying here: http://www.harddaysnighthotel.com/

Edited: 18 June 2014, 23:42
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Hotel would you choose to stay in from these four?

Thank you for all the nice feedback! You got to LOVE TripAdvisor!! We will be arriving July 22. So it looks as though the Beatles Story and the 3 hour Taxi Tour should work the following day. Albert Dock is a MUST for sure!! I want to thank you so much for all your help - everybody! As for the Liner Hotel, I thought it to be not as central in location and have read some feedback on hearing train noise. Did you like your stay there?

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Hotel would you choose to stay in from these four?

The Liner Hotel is not smack bang in the centre of Liverpool tis true,

but it is still close enough to make no difference in reality.

If you fancy it then you can still do all that you want to easily.from the Liner

If taking a Beatles taxi tour , then maybe you could arrange to be taken to the Airport in the same taxi.

Get picked up at your hotel with your luggage, take the tour then carry on to the airport??

Edited: 19 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Liverpool
Recent Conversations