We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Service from Liverpool John Lennon to Lime Street Statio

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Service from Liverpool John Lennon to Lime Street Statio

I have input my question into search box but no luck. I know that the 500 bus no longer goes from outside Lime Street Station ( as from 15th June) . Going to the airport I was directed down the road and caught an 86A bus. This seemed a lengthy journey. When I return, is there a quicker bus from the Airport and if so, does it stop near Lime Street or any station to get me on the West Kirby line.

Can anyone help please?

1. Re: Bus Service from Liverpool John Lennon to Lime Street Statio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 18:21
Edited: 25 June 2014, 18:21
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,521 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Service from Liverpool John Lennon to Lime Street Statio

I did't know the 500 had changed it's route from going close to Lime Street. I'm sure I've seen in the past week the 500 stop on Skelhorne Street which runs alongside the station where it's always departed from!

I'll look into that for you, but you can still get the 500 from JLA to Liverpool One bus station and walk along the Strand to James Street and get a Merseyrail train from James Street station to stops on the West Kirby line.

You can also get the 82A from JLA to Liverpool One bus station. It follows the same route as the 500 but takes about 10 mins longer as it stops a few times on the way into the city centre.

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Service from Liverpool John Lennon to Lime Street Statio

Yes, there was a notice at the bus stop outside Lime Street saying as from 15th June the 500 Service would no longer be calling at this bus stop.

Thanks again for your help

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,485 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Service from Liverpool John Lennon to Lime Street Statio

The 500 bus will drop / pick-up you on James St close to the station.

at 13 and 43 past the hour check the 500 timetable

if you scroll down the bottom of the page you will see a city map

of the new route.

Edited: 27 June 2014, 00:23
WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Service from Liverpool John Lennon to Lime Street Statio

Thank you Rick for the details. Now, another question. Is there a lift at James Street Station because I have a phobia about going down escalators and in any case, with luggage, not an option - do you know if there is one?

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Service from Liverpool John Lennon to Lime Street Statio

Just looked at James Street Station website and yes, there are lifts available

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,521 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus Service from Liverpool John Lennon to Lime Street Statio

The only way to get down to the lower level where the stairs go to the platforms is by lift.

From the lower level you can then get another lift down to platform level.

There are no escalators at James Street station.

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus Service from Liverpool John Lennon to Lime Street Statio

Hi Matt

Very grateful for your reply

Thank you so much

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus Service from Liverpool John Lennon to Lime Street Statio

Cost of a taxi for up to 6 passengers from JLA to James St is approximately £15 so if a few in the group, in a hurry or you don't wish to struggle with luggage, the cost is very reasonable..

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus Service from Liverpool John Lennon to Lime Street Statio

Yes, very reasonable. However, I was travelling on my own so it was just £3 bus fare. 500 Service stopped right outside James Street so it was very convenient. That said, I only needed the West Kirby link service. For anyone wanting main line trains, Lime Street is much better and if you are feeling peckish, they have an M & S food to go. I was more than happy though with James Street.

Thanks to all for your responses.