We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lfc match weekend... hotel help please?

ards ni
Level Contributor
60 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Lfc match weekend... hotel help please?

I'm trying to organise a weekend for my hubbi & 2sons for my sons 16th birthday... We have been to Liverpool b4 an spent a night in premier inn john Lennon airport, although nice, comfortable & reasonably priced its a wee bit outa the city... Can any suggest somewhere nice to stay for 2nights, close to anfield / city center? Ive a budget of about £75-£100 per night.

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lfc match weekend... hotel help please?

Might help people if you put the dates you are needing to stay.

Liverpool England
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lfc match weekend... hotel help please?

If your coming as Tourists you really need city centre, when I visit a destination I usually try the usual sites such as Tripadvisor hotels, Trivago etc. and major brands such as Premier Inn, Travelodge to find a good price and availability. Then I use the local forum such as this and reviews about the shortlisted hotels to see which is best for me, why not give it a go and then come back and see if the hotel you pick is OK in the opinion of people on the forum.

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lfc match weekend... hotel help please?

these may be a bit cheaper, about 4-5 miles outside of the city centre

very handy for Merseyrail stations (Aintree & Old Roan, on the Nothern Line, Liverpool > Ormskirk route)

only about 15-20 minutes by taxi to church (Anfield)

Look at Premier Inn (Aintree) just over the road from Aintree station (then your 15-20 minutes into Liverpool on the train)

*** This is also next to Aintree racecourse, home of the Grand National

or

Premier Inn Netherton (Switch Island) a short 5 minute walk to Old Roan station (the next one down from Aintree)

both of these are not from from the M57/58, also can use your car to get here with free parking

Edited: 06 July 2014, 19:25
Liverpool England
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lfc match weekend... hotel help please?

Another out of Towner with consistently good reviews is the Premier Inn Roby, 124 excellent and only 2 terrible reviews on here, its between Jct 5 & 6 of the M62 Motorway, but feels as though you are in a small park, the City Line rail station at Roby is just across the road.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lfc match weekend... hotel help please?

Hi Guys, despite being a taxi driver, my advise is for you to stay in the City Centre if at all possible.

There are 3 Premier Inns & 4 Travelodge's in the centre plus a host of other reasonably priced hotels inc 2x Ibis & Dolby. Apartments may also suit your needs. Try travel supermarket & late rooms for prices.

You would then have nightlife, shopping, restaurants etc all on the doorstep with only the £8 taxi to Anfield to factor in.

I recently had passengers that were staying in the Aintree Premier Inn & were frustrated not just by the cost of travel to & from the centre but also by the time it took..

Liverpool England
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lfc match weekend... hotel help please?

I totally agree City Centre is by far best option and would be my choice, but its not always possible and not everyone's first choice

Rocky Mount, NC
Level Contributor
2 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lfc match weekend... hotel help please?

The Adagio Aparthotel. New, clean, reasonable rates, spacious rooms. It's one block from the Lime Street Station - so centrally located, near shopping, restaurants etc. - and right next to the Liverpool Central Station which is where you catch the local trains, including the one that goes to Sandhills, where you can catch a bus to the stadium on game days, or to the next stop, Kirkland, which is about a mile walk to Anfield. Go early to check out the pub scene. Book a tour of Anfield to get a behind the scenes look - the changing rooms, touch the Anfield sign, go onto the field.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lfc match weekend... hotel help please?

There isn't a train station in Liverpool called "kirkland". Plus a taxi from City Centre to Anfield only costs approx £8 so why bother with buses, trains & walking to save so little?

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lfc match weekend... hotel help please?

The train station is kirkdale .....but I agree stay in the city centre if possible , but often hotels can be completely full or just expensive if there are big events happening on the day

Regarding aintree premier inn it's only 12 mins to the city centre by train so not sure why people would complain about that ? ( especially if the hotel rate ends up being much cheaper than tha city centre

Good luck & enjoy

Edited: 11 July 2014, 12:49
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lfc match weekend... hotel help please?

Definitely book the city centre , you can have budget up to four star depending in your budget , there are apartments to rent which may be more suitable having a family . As for getting to the ground , getting a taxi is far and away the best option and cheapest for four people . After the match go to the sandon pub for a drink while the crowds and traffic disperses , the sandon is the original home of were lfc was founded . Give it am hour or so and taxis are in abundance to take you back to the city centre were restaurants and places to see are in abundance