We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pubs with live Entertainment

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
381 reviews
Save Topic
Pubs with live Entertainment

Hi Guys

We are a couple in our 60s and love our visits to Liverpool and love the Pub live entertainment. We are having a week end three day visit on 1st august and staying at the Adelphi Hotel

We would welcome suggestions on the best pubs with entertainment on Friday and Saturday and Sunday lunch. We have done the Cavern many times and loved it. last time we visited on a Sunday lunch we were in Coopers bar and was told by locals it was a good time at the Vines next to the Adelphi, and to get there well before 5 to get a seat in the back room, we were not disappointed as we had a great time with a group on stage who were well into their 50s or so and many volunteers singers who could really belt a song out. OK are there more places with live entertainment in the city where you can advise us where to have a good time.

Thanks in anticipation

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
744 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pubs with live Entertainment

John O'Connell, formerly of popular local group Groundpig, is very good and plays O'Neill's every Friday and Saturday night.

He also plays earlier of an evening one Friday a month at the Slaughterhouse but it won't be the weekend you're visiting but that would be another suggestion - also in that area you have the First National and the Liverpool which have live music on regularly. The Liffey on Renshaw Street is another option a fair bit closer to your hotel.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pubs with live Entertainment

That's a start Dave cheers mate

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pubs with live Entertainment

Back to the original question.Could anyone please enlighten me.What is this Sunday afternoon craic at The Vines as it appeals to me? Is it on every Sunday in the winter as well? There is (was) a guy Steve Hodge from Rhyl I think, who played guitar in the resident band at Warner Leisure's Bodelwyddan Castle.He is a very talented guitarist and keyboard player who sings.(A solo version of Bohemian Rhapsody, Sultans of Swing and Angels are for me highspots of his one man shows).I have 2 of his CDs. I heard he bought 2 pubs in Sandhills and played on Sundays in both but I can't be sure.Can anybody help me please?

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
744 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pubs with live Entertainment

WirralScouse, I can't answer your question but if you do find out about Steve Hodge, could you please let me know as my mum and dad have been regular visitors to Bodelwyddan Castle for some years now and they used to love Steve's shows there even if his jokes between songs left a bit to be desired at times! They did find out after the event that he performed as part of a Rat Pack show at the On The Waterfront event coinciding with the Mersey River Festival recently but they would love to go and see him again.

5. Re: Pubs with live Entertainment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 05:16