We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"The Giants"

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
"The Giants"

We are looking at visitng Newsham Park on Saturday. Not been around that area for many years, Is there a designated car park or is it just off street parking around the Park ? Any suggestions best place to aim for to ensure being able to park. We will have Grandchildren and buggy so not too far away. Many thanks

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "The Giants"

That is a good point.

I cannot see any parking areas around the park, and knowing that area from when LFC are at home, it could become congested..

Be early !!

Liverpool, United...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: "The Giants"

There is a massive Car park on Lower Breck rd (Breckside park L6 0AE) This is used on match days , & is just a couple of minutes walk to Newsham Park,............Enjoy it should be a fantastic weekend

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "The Giants"

People are predicting massive interest (250,000 people) so I would suggest that if possible get there very early. Better still use public transport and park some distance away.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
13,879 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "The Giants"

Here's some useful links:

http://www.giantspectacular.com/friday

http://www.giantspectacular.com/saturday

http://www.giantspectacular.com/sunday

And of course the buses in the city centre will be re-routed, and there's also changes on Merseyrail and the Mersey Ferries etc:

merseytravel.gov.uk/travel-updates/Pages/Cha…

And specifically for Newsham Park:

merseytravel.gov.uk/travel-updates/Pages/How…

P.S. not forgetting road closures in the city centre and along the rest of the route, so don't be a eejit and complain that you couldn't drive the half mile to Tesco and then moan that you weren't warned! ;-)

Edited: 24 July 2014, 22:25
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "The Giants"

The Liverpool Echo are running live updates..

The crowds look massive !!!

This is another fantastic event for Liverpool.

We have really taken these Giants to our hearts !

Everton, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "The Giants"

just been watching the "giants" absolutely brilliant

england
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "The Giants"

No parking round there most roads have double yellow lines however you could try the other side of the park by the police station?bridge entrance to the park and walk through its not that far

england
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "The Giants"

it's more than a couple of minutes i think?

Edited: 25 July 2014, 14:58
liverpool
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "The Giants"

The advice for visiting the giants in liverpool on sat / sun is to give yourself plenty of time to get there .... All the trains were packed to the rafters today !!!.... Brilliant though ... Liverpool is rockin' !!!

Enjoy

Edited: 25 July 2014, 16:22
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
13,879 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "The Giants"

Merseyrail put on extra carriages on the trains today (we had 6 carriages instead of the normal 3 on the Northern Line from Aigburth to Moorfields this morning).

But I wonder if Northern Rail will put on extra carriages over the weekend. I doubt it because they never do when there's big events on in Liverpool!

I need to get from West Allerton to Lime Street tomorrow morning - not looking forward to it!

Edited: 25 July 2014, 17:36