We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Albert Docks

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
116 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Albert Docks

We are staying at Malmaison in a few weeks but thought that instead of having breakfast at the Hotel we would walk to the Albert Docks. Roughly, how long would a steady walk take to get there?

Thank you in advance.

Earl Shilton...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Albert Docks

Graham I would say it will take you approx 5 to 10 minutes to walk to the Albert Dock

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,313 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Albert Docks

I stayed at the Malmaison last month and it took 10-15 minutes to walk to the Albert Dock. It is not immediately obvious, but there is a route along the river that is much more pleasant to walk than walking along the road.

I will note that I found the eateries around the Albert Dock overpriced and I'm not sure how many are open for breakfast. Breakfast at the Malmaison was excellent, but I wasn't paying for myself.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,172 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Albert Docks

As mentioned above, from the Malmaison head to the waterfront and walk along the front of the Liver Building. Keeping to the right of the Museum of Liverpool follow the path next to the river and you get to a footbridge that crosses the dock gate and Albert Dock is right in front of you. Depending how fast you walk and if you stop to takes any photos it should take no more than 10-15 minutes.

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
363 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Albert Docks

Depends on how fast or slow you walk - I'd say five minutes maximum - maybe 10 minutes if you walk like a snail.....

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
363 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Albert Docks

I think you'll find somewhere to eat breakfast at a reasonable price - the cheaper places are on the same side as The Tate.....

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Albert Docks

There are also several places on and around Bold Street which are better, erm, value.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

Edited: 12 August 2014, 20:01
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,379 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Albert Docks

Try John Lewis in "Liverpool One" on Paradise St

" Place to Eat " restaurant is on the top floor

opposite the Albert Dock

close to the Hilton

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Albert Docks

Malmaison to Albert Dock is easily a 15 minute walk. Also not much choice for breakfast. My advice would be to try one of the City Centre eateries for breakfast & save Albert Dock for lunch or Dinner. We like both Shiraz on Williamson Square & Wetherspoons Great Charlotte St for good value breakfast. Bold St also has some cafes doing good breakfasts. Get hotel to call you a cab, will cost approx £5 & you can stroll back to burn off the cals😃

9. Re: Albert Docks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 05:16