We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog walking near airport

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
global
Level Contributor
90 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Dog walking near airport

my husband is driving me down to John Lennon airport and due to the time the round trip plus dinner together will take our 2 dogs will be with us too. Where can we give the dogs a walk somewhere near the airport please? Field, park woods are preferable to pavement walking, Many thanks.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog walking near airport

This has to be one of the most obscure info requests I've seen - but I thought it was worth a response!

I don;t know where you're coming from (if it's from the centre of Liverpool, Sefton Park or Calderstones Park are on your way), but two options might be to look for the Speke Garston Coastal Reserve or Stocktons Wood on Google maps - they are next to the airport - but I've not been to either of them, so I don't know what they're like and what access is like. A simpler option may be to look at the odd bits of green near the airport - like the one on the junction between Speke Hall Ave and Dunlop St.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,777 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog walking near airport

Camp Hill next to Hillfoot Road is a 5 or 6 minute drive from JLA:

liverpool.gov.uk/leisure-parks-and-events/…

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,831 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog walking near airport

Hale village is just a mile and a half east of the runway, in the centre of the village adjacent to The Childe of Hale pub there is a park and woodland leading down to the shore where you can walk along the cliffs with views right across the river to Wales. You can come back via the lighthouse and historic church, a nice walk for dogs and dog owners.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog walking near airport

As Matt says

Camp Hill

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog walking near airport

Even nearer is the Estuary Business Park. Situated on the approach road to JLA it has many locals walking dogs. You may be advised to keep leads on though as some of the ponds are home to ducks,geese, cranes etc.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,777 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dog walking near airport

"You may be advised to keep leads on though as some of the ponds are home to ducks,geese, cranes etc"

...plus the roads through there are home to buses, HGV's and speeding motorists who use it as a race track and short cut.

I used to work there - it's not even safe for pedestrians, let alone dogs, even on a lead! ;-)

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dog walking near airport

Plus it is owned by Peel, and they will not be happy you just parking in their business park, I trust you have seen the signs posted everywhere in the business park?

8. Re: Dog walking near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 05:15