We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week in London Itinerary

Snoqualmie...
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Week in London Itinerary

Want to thank folks in advance for helping me with initial plans. I am now firming up our itinerary...We leave Feb. 16. Two moms, two 11 year old girls. Main goal is to see lots of museums.

2/17 (Sat.). Get in at 7 am. Hired car to flat on Royal St., Chelsea.

11 am: Catch Big Bus in front of Harrods.

4 pm: Tea at Orangery, Kensignton

2/18: 10 am: Tower of London; 1 p.m. BA Eye; 3 p.m. Tussards; Maybe Sticky Fingers for dinner or see youth performance of Seussical.

2/19: 9 a.m. Notting Hill walk; 11 am Changing of Guard (unless they change date); After, go to British Museum. 7:30 p.m. Wicked (have tickets)

2/20: Churchill museum. Tate Modern, Museum of natural History

2/21: Paris day trip...Eiffel tower, hot cholocate at Angelina's; maybe Louve; no expectations of much other than going for photo op.

2/22; V&A museum; try to get 1/2 price tickets for Stomp/Blue Man or something else girls will like

2/23: Camden market morning; not sure rest of day. Another show at night?

2/24: last day; shopping day; Start at Spisfields; hit Oxford; whatever else we have missed

2/25 head to airport 9am.

Mentioned in this post
Churchill
Churchill
Worcestershire, UK
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Week in London Itinerary

Hi, bongocomm. The day that stands out to me is 2/20 -- might want to mix that up with an outdoor walk or other non-museum activity.

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Week in London Itinerary

This day jumps out at me:

2/18: 10 am: Tower of London; 1 p.m. BA Eye; 3 p.m. Tussards; Maybe Sticky Fingers for dinner or see youth performance of Seussical.

You are giving yourself only two hours at the tower, I would expect to spend at least three there if not four or more especially as they have lots of costumed persons wandering around doing street theater which kids seem to love.

Tussaud's is a dud but many seem to like it there and still more think it's a waste of time; I would be more inclined to spend the extra time at the tower.

2/19: Notting Hill walk? Is there anything specific you want to see there, otherwise it's really not very interesting--just another neighbourhood.

Do find time somewhere for Tate Britain, it's a wonderful gallery and well worth visiting --lots of portraits and pre-Raphaelites there.

Give yourself time for walks in at least one park, the daffodils and crocus should be coming out about that time.

Snoqualmie...
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Week in London Itinerary

Well, it might be ok if we run out of time seeing Tower/Eye. I don't want to go to Tussaurds, but kids do. Ugh

Thanks!

USA
Level Contributor
7,081 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Week in London Itinerary

"I don't want to go to Tussaurds, but kids do. Ugh." This might be a good time for one of the mothers to break away from the rest. My wife and I occasionally split up to do something on our own, maybe a London Walk after dinner while the spouse does something with the kids.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Week in London Itinerary

Bongocomm,

We'll see you at the 7:30 performance of Wicked on the 19th! Where are you going for dinner first? We are having a hard time deciding, but might go with Chez Girard (although their dinner/show package isn't applicable that ngiht).

Snoqualmie...
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Week in London Itinerary

We'll see you at the 7:30 performance of Wicked on the 19th! Where are you going for dinner first?

No thoughts on that...My daughter and I are vegetarian.... We won't be doing much fine dining...we have a flat so will probably eat in before heading to the show.

We will be in stalls zf, seats 13-10. Say "hi!"

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,418 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Week in London Itinerary

That's a nice, fairly relaxed itinerary.

For logistics, I would put the Natural History Museum on 2/22 with the V&A since they are in the same neighborhood and you have the time. Then I would move the London Eye to 2/20 with the Churchill museum (presumably you mean the Cabinet War Rooms?) and the Tate Modern. This gives you more time on 2/18 at the Tower since you may be shortchanging it a bit as scheduled.

Mentioned in this post
Churchill
Churchill
Worcestershire, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Week in London Itinerary

Camden market is best experienced at the weekend, so I'd shift it to Sunday. It could be combined with the Zoo nearby. The markets around Spitalsfields are at their liveliest early on Sunday morning, so Spitalsfields followed by the Zoo followed by Camden market would be a possible itinerary for Sunday.

9. Re: Week in London Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 00:18