We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cotswolds and tour group question

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cotswolds and tour group question

I am thinking about taking a day trip to the Cotswolds and would like to know if there is a reputable tour company that would have a good trip or is it a good driving trip? On that note, what's involved in renting a car? Is it really harder to drive in England than anywhere else?

thanks (again),

Cathie

London, UK
Level Contributor
580 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cotswolds and tour group question

Harder driving here - well, the whole driving on the left thing could be a challenge if you are not used to it and the Cotswolds are full of cute and twisty lanes, with all the joys of country living (herds of cows coming around the corner, getting stuck behind a tractor) Depends on your confidence level as a driver, but for just a day trip......

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cotswolds and tour group question

Two well-known companies are:

www.evanevans.co.uk

www.goldentours.co.uk

Both do tours to the Cotswolds.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cotswolds and tour group question

Astral Travels also has a Cotswold Tour.

astraltravels.co.uk/uk-london-tours/cotswold…

They're a very good tour company. We've used them several times.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cotswolds and tour group question

"Is it really harder to drive in England than anywhere else?"

It is if you are used to driving an automatic on straight 6 lane highways and suddenly you have a manual (aka stick shift) on a winding road wide enough for 2 or maybe just 1.5 cars with passing places every now and again ..and on the wrong side of the road! Oh, and just about every American I've met have been terrified of roundabouts, or 'circles' as you tend to call them.

From what I've been told, people from Boston seem to get on OK though :-)

For a 1 day trip, I think you'd get more out of a tour anyway, they will take you to the best places, tell you about what you're passing by, and let you see the Cotwolds rather than have to concentrate on the driving. If its just you, the price wont be that much different either.

5. Re: Cotswolds and tour group question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 00:20