We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London theatre tix

california
12 posts
Save Topic
London theatre tix

Hi fellow travelers ~

I will be in London last week of June and would like to book theatre tickets ahead of time. Any suggestions for a must-see West End show? My preference is for a musical, but I'm open to any suggestions. Had considered "The Woman in White" but read somewhere that Michael Crawford left the show (don't know if that matters or not ?.?.)

Would love to hear any reviews (good/bad) on shows ya'll have seen recently.

Thx! :)

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London theatre tix

I think even if you went in determined to hate "Mama Mia" you would still come out loving it...sappy, campy but/and very good.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,276 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London theatre tix

My personal favourites are Mama Mia, Les Miserables, The Lion King and Phantom of the Opera.

MT
Viborg, Denmark
Level Contributor
459 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: London theatre tix

Chicago is amaizing.

London, England
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London theatre tix

I'd definately recommend The Producers at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane.

Boston
Level Contributor
923 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: London theatre tix

Mama Mia and We Will Rock You, both are great!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London theatre tix

I always try to see something that you can't see anywhere else, like Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (although that is coming to NY), The Woman in White (which I believe now has Michael Ball in the lead role and he is an amazing actor/singer). I have seen Phantom, Mama Mia, Chicago, The Producers - all these have gone on tour and can be seen in most major American cities.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
124 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London theatre tix

Love Mama Mia

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
124 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London theatre tix

Also, Is there a tkts in London, Like of Broadway?? Like 1/2 price seats day of.

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London theatre tix

Yes, there is an official TKTS in Leicester Square, and there are tons of imitators so you need to know that you are looking for a large, stand alone building at the far end of Leicester Square itself (versus the surrounding neighborhood).

London, England
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: London theatre tix

See www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/tkts/today for a list of what's available half price in London right now. Updated daily, best availability is Mon to Thur. London theatre is dark on Sundays.

Woman in White is excellent, whoever is in it.

My fav shows in order; Producers, Chicago, Woman in White, Mary Poppins.

Next hot tickets? Guys and Dolls with Euan Mcgregor; Billy Elliot - both about to open.