We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paddington bears

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Paddington bears

I would like to buy Paddington bears for my 2 granddaughters. Do they have them at Paddington Station only? Might seem like a dumb question, but I have no idea. Are they in diff. sizes at diff. costs? Can they be shipped back to U.S., so we don't have to carry them around with us as we go on to Paris & Venice? Thanks so much for any replies.

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paddington bears

Paddington Bears are available quite widely - including on amazon.com! But it is special to get them at Paddington Station.

Costs vary according to size and accessories. If you buy them while you're in the UK, easiest way to ship them is through the mail. Toy/gift shops tend not to offer a shipping service.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paddington bears

There used to be a little stall selling them on the station concourse, I presume its still there, its not the sort of thing you notice after a while.

You would have to get a box and then post them, there is a big Post Office just outside Paddington and they usually sell stuff like boxes, sellotape etc so you could just do it there and then.

Or you could just buy one from Amazon, co.uk definitely sells them and would ship, though i suppose its a it more special if you bought them at the station!

Check out www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=3361431

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paddington bears

Thank you for your information. After I posted the question, I looked under "Paddington Bears" and found a lot of information. They are truly adorable. And, yes, I would like to be able to say I got them where they really live!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paddington bears

mimi - I got my paddington bear at the Tower of London and he is dressed as a beefeater. I thought it was nice to have one that was a little different. As mentioned though, you can get them pretty much anywhere, including the airport on your way back home.

London
Level Contributor
151 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paddington bears

Paddington bears are sold in many stores, as previously mentioned. I personally like the choice in Harrods. They had different sizes, outfits etc. as well as a choice of Paddington bear-themed items. There are also paddington bear books that are quite adorable!

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,232 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paddington bears

It's fun to buy them in Paddington Station and the kiosk is still there. But if you have them shipped by a store, you save the VAT, which goes a long way towards paying for the postage. I bought my Paddington and Aunt Lucy at Hamley's, on Regent St.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paddington bears

Always love browsing through the cart at Paddington Station.

Have you been to the website lately? There's a contest, but not sure if it's open to non-UK residents.

www.paddingtonbear.co.uk/en/1/acttag.mxs

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paddington bears

I believe that half of what makes something special while you're on vacation is where you make your purchase. I always buy Penhaligon perfume from the Penhaligon shop at Covent Garden. Yes, I know I can buy it online but that takes half the fun out of it. On my last trip I wanted a Burberry scarf from the Burberry store in Knightsbridge. It made me much happier carrying it out of the Burberry store in the special wrapping than if I had bought it one of the department stores here in the states.

In other words, buy your bears at Paddington station. It will make them that more special.

9. Re: Paddington bears

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 07:19