We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London & Paris B&B for 5...not so easy! HELP

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
London & Paris B&B for 5...not so easy! HELP

Hello

I am trying to find a B&B in London the first week of August 2007 and then off to Paris for 4 nights. I also would like to spend a day and night in Normandy in between.

My big problem is that I have 5 traveling (kids age 10, 14 and 15)...almost 5 adults! The hotels and B & B's recommended seem to all stop at 4 people! Looks like I may be stuck in 2 rooms (at huge expense) or an apartment. I'd like to stay in Kensington and near the Latin Quarter of Paris.

I had stayed in Kensington years ago at a great B&B and thought it was a great way to "live" London, as opposed to a huge hotel. My kids are older, so pool and McDonalds is not important. Any suggestions would be helpful.

My budget is about $200-250/night

Many Thanksto All and to TA...these forums have been wonderfully helpful to me.

Larry

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,264 reviews
from US$126.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
461 reviews
from US$105.20*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,087 reviews
from US$149.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$300.60*
USA
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London & Paris B&B for 5...not so easy! HELP

A search on www.venere.com should show up a few rooms for five.

California
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: London & Paris B&B for 5...not so easy! HELP

Hi! A group of friends and I stayed at the Dover Hotel in Victoria.

http://www.dover-hotel.co.uk/tariffs.html

It doesn't get the best reviews on TA, but I don't remember it being so bad. The beds were good enough, the shower was typical small, and breakfast was coffee, juice, cereal and toast. Held us over fine enough, and the price... not so bad. The location was fab! Walking distance to Victoria Station and not far from Buckingham Palace. Our friend who booked the place was apologetic, cause he knew what I was used to in the US at a similar rate, but I was completely fine with it! I was in LONDON! And that's the way it is for lodging! :-) We had a blast!

BTW, the room was in the basement area, and was sort of an "L" shape with a single near the door, a double in the middle, and two single beds round the corner. It was a place to crash, clean up and get some food in the tummy for our time spent mostly out and about!

Good luck!

3. Re: London & Paris B&B for 5...not so easy! HELP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 23:16