We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tube experience

Massachussetts
Level Contributor
347 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Tube experience

Having gotten recommendations from this web site....we loved the London Tube. It is easy to use, well labelled. There is no guess work on which train you are going. It goes everywhere we wanted to be.We thought it was the best run subway system we have ever been on. We purchased a 7 day travel pass (zone 1 and 2) on the internet several weeks in advance for 23GBP per person....a great bargain...since single trips can be 4GBP or 8 dollars! Taxi rides were off the wall expensive....32 dollars ,without the tip from Knightsbridge to Hammersmith in the evening.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,358 Reviews
from US$131.10*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,128 Reviews
from US$139.80*
US$155.40
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
515 Reviews
from US$118.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$349.20*
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tube experience

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Tube. By chance, did you also try out the bus system with your travelcard?

Massachussetts
Level Contributor
347 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tube experience

next year we will try the bus.Supposedly it is covered by the travel pass.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tube experience

>>>next year we will try the bus.Supposedly it is covered by the travel pass.<<<

Nothing supposedly about it. The whole London bus network is covered regardless of the zones on yorur Travelcard.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,314 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tube experience

All my life I hated public trans and considered it almost a punishment to have to take it, until I went to London. I think the tube is great, and it's extensive layout gets you anywhere you want. I like it too! Pub

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,478 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tube experience

Pub, I blame Mrs Thatch, who said (and I paraphrase) 'anyone over the age of 26 found on a bus is a failure' - yikes. If that didn't drive members of the Monday Club into their vehicles faster than lightning - !!

Travelcards are wonderful things. Good for unlimited use on the Tube, DLR and National Rail services in the zones for which one has paid, plus buses throughout London. Visitors, do try to include at least one ride on a Routemaster, the classic London bus with the open back door and a conductor. Routes 9 and 15 - worth the trip.

6. Re: Tube experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 16:27