We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter break question

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Easter break question

When do the schools take their break? The week before or after Easter?

thanks!

Cathie

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,358 Reviews
from US$131.10*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,128 Reviews
from US$139.80*
US$155.40
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
515 Reviews
from US$118.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$349.20*
London, UK
Level Contributor
580 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter break question

They vary - my children go to different schools, in different London boroughs and have mismatching dates of a just over two week duration. The earliest break up of mine is 30 March and the last back is 19 April (and that's in State schools - some private schools have longer holidays) . If you are trying to avoid the school holidays because you think it will be busy - the flip side to it is that lots of people go on holiday then, so roads/transport will be quieter.

St. Louis MO
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter break question

we went 2 years ago right on Easter weekend and I can tell you that the feeling of any large European city will change during "spring break". We go to London every year in the spring and you can tell when the schools are out-teenagers are everywhere. Fortunately for us, none of the college age kids wanted to go the same places we did! However, anyplace popular with young people will be PACKED. Avoid Piccadilly circus, Leister Square, most dance clubs, etc. Also, make sure your sightseeing destinations have regular hours-we were pretty much out of luck on Easter weekend.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter break question

in general, most schools are off between the 31st March to 15th April inclusive. Some have an additional day off either side.

Easter is 6-9th April.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,344 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter break question

And universities break up even earlier - around mid-March.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter break question

I will be there from the 31st of march til April 7. My 13yr old daughter wanted to see the "local" kids, so it sounds like she will get plenty of opportunity too.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter break question

especially at the Natural History & Science Museums!

7. Re: Easter break question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 23:17