We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Plum Guide?

Walton-On-Thames...
3 posts
The Plum Guide?

I'm planning a special weekend in Central London with my family and I've found a few places through a company called the Plum Guide. Has anyone used them? Is it just like a luxury Airbnb? Any feedback? Thanks

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,731 Reviews
from US$122.40*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,271 Reviews
from US$125.00*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
770 Reviews
from US$102.40*
27 replies to this topic
Walton-On-Thames...
3 posts
1. Re: The Plum Guide?

I'm considering these two...

https:/…the-red-bottle

https:/…best-of-times

London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: The Plum Guide?

I like the look of the Bloomsbury mews one. Someone asked about this company the other day, so I checked them out. They look as though they are a kind of curated Airbnb for London.

I've not stayed with them but they're legit - here's an article I shared on the previous post: standard.co.uk/business/entrepreneurs-the-ho…

Hope that's helpful!

3. Re: The Plum Guide?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 May 2017, 21:05

4. Re: The Plum Guide?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 May 2017, 21:05

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
19,729 posts
76 reviews
5. Re: The Plum Guide?

Something smells fishy about this thread!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
354 reviews
6. Re: The Plum Guide?

Super helpful and super happy in the space of two reviews. And the second from a first-time poster.

Super super, I suppose.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,307 posts
217 reviews
7. Re: The Plum Guide?

Despite the hyperbole and repeated claims of attention to detail, the sloppy use of English eg "Indulging into the welcome hamper" and "wonder (sic) the streets" doesn't fill me with confidence.

Zippy, I suspect it's aimed at a market that doesn't include us! A super market perhaps?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,936 posts
77 reviews
8. Re: The Plum Guide?

Wow. How fortuitous for a couple of first time posters to find this thread and eulogise.

Whiffier than a troll's undercrackers.

Essex
Level Contributor
31,760 posts
69 reviews
9. Re: The Plum Guide?

This is not the only Plum Guide thread there has been.

But it is a new-ish and relatively untested "outfit".

This is the second thread that I can recall,

My post on that thread was removed for reminding folks that "Plums" have slang meaning in the UK

ie that of mens "crown jewels"....

Even though "a plum job" can mean a good job!

Not sure this site is as secure as the crown jewels.....

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
59,129 posts
12 reviews
10. Re: The Plum Guide?

Must have been a slow day / week at Plum Guide Towers.

'They look as though they are a kind of curated Airbnb for London.' More a curate's egg I'd say.

Reply to: The Plum Guide?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted