We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport Gatewick to B&B

Coventry...
5 posts
Save Topic
Transport Gatewick to B&B

Hi, My husband and I will be arriving at Gatwick via Ryanair from Dublin on 10/09/18 at 1230. The B&B is at 1Newington Causeway 253 Metro Central London, England SE1 6BX240. The host has been little help with directions. I have tried to use the map it/street map site but it has not been helpful with transportation. I tried the posted transit sites as well. I am sure due to operator error. The closest station looks to be the Elephant/Castle Station. I am trying to figure out my route before hand and would appreciate any help. It looks like we should get an Oyster card. I will be in your beautiful city for a quick 4 days and hope to hit a few of the major sites. Also what time do I need to be heading back to Gatwick on Wed 13/09/17 for a 1330 flight back to Dublin? Thank you so much.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
London
London
England, UK
London Underground
London Underground
31,867 Reviews
London, UK
15 replies to this topic
Pewsey, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
9,789 posts
412 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport Gatewick to B&B

That post code is wrong, try this on google, SE1 6BX

You need to be at Gatwick at least 2 hours before the flight so you need to be in a train 3 hours before

Mentioned in this post
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
11,479 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport Gatewick to B&B

I can't find a B&B at that address. Perhaps it's an Airbnb? Do you have a link to the property please?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
6,487 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport Gatewick to B&B

That whole address is weird. That postcode resolves to a tower block estate bounded by Newington Causeway and New Kent Road.

However, the nearest station is indeed E&C. Take a Thameslink train to Blackfriars; at Blackfriars you could take bus 45, 63 or 388, or a taxi, or a train heading for Sutton to E&C. Your choice.

Mentioned in this post
Kent
Kent
England, UK
Sutton
Sutton
Greater London, UK
London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport Gatewick to B&B

"The B&B is at 1Newington Causeway 253 Metro Central London, England SE1 6BX240."

I think that address should probably be:

Apartment 253, Metro Central Heights, 119 Newington Causeway, London, SE1 6BX

... but I'm not sure where the "240" came from in your address. Please check carefully the address you have been given. The postcode SE1 6BX covers apartments 227 to 283 in the building called Metro Central Heights.

Yes, it's close to Elephant & Castle stations (one for the Underground - Northern and Bakerloo lines - and a separate station for National Rail services).

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
711 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport Gatewick to B&B

It must be an AirBnb. That's quite a fancy block of flats with a gym. It's next to E and C station but the station has lots of exits so worth following the signs for Newington Causeway and possibly asking a staff member while you're still in the station.

Coventry...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport Gatewick to B&B

Sorry, Yes it is an AirBnB. The link https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/20159533. I copy and pasted the address directly from my reservation confirmation. All my other hosts have been quite helpful but not this one. It is giving me second thoughts. Thanks for the help.

Coventry...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport Gatewick to B&B

I copied and pasted it from my reservation. I sent a request to double check the address. Using all the info everyone has given me it is located in the Metro Central Building. Thanks

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,408 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport Gatewick to B&B

I clicked on the link and it says that page no longer exists?

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
14,895 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport Gatewick to B&B

I would be very concerned about this, the link has disappeared. Have you paid in advance? by what method? I would expect to arrive and find this a scam.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,591 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport Gatewick to B&B

If this turns out to be a genuine rental then you could get the Thameslink train from Gatwick to Blackfriars.

Cross over to the southbound platform using the escalators or lifts to the front of the train and catch the first train that has Elephant and Castle as it's first stop.

The off peak fare on oyster is £8.10 with the peak fare at £11.60.

Edited: 18 August 2017, 08:53
Mentioned in this post
Elephant and Castle
Elephant and Castle
83 Reviews
Reading, UK
Reply to: Transport Gatewick to B&B
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted