We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theatre at County Hall

Perugia, Italy
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Theatre at County Hall

I'm very interested in a new production of "Witness for the Prosecution" being staged in the grand chamber at London County Hall. Unfortunately Theatremonkey et al have no information to help with buying tickets, and I'm confused by the seating plan. I'm considering the Central Gallery, where the second row seems currently available and would be grateful for any advice.

Thank you.

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,669 Reviews
from US$123.10*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor, and Bath with...
2,248 Reviews
from US$125.80*
Best Seller
London Harry Potter Tour of Warner...
747 Reviews
from US$103.10*
16 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
10,884 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Theatre at County Hall

The reason you can't find any information may be because it hasn't been used as a theatre before. I know that others will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not aware of previous productions in the venue, so you may just have to take a chance.

Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Theatre at County Hall

Do not miss the chance to see this production. It doesn't matter where you sit you will see everything. Absolutely a first class production. It is way better than watching in a normal theatre setting. The entrance is on the left of the Premier Inn entrance, the box office is in the foyer, not on the side facing the London Eye.

Edited: 12 October 2017, 20:11
Perugia, Italy
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Theatre at County Hall

Thank you so much barbara O.

Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Theatre at County Hall

You're welcome. Also in the section marked VIP Jury, you are actually members of the jury. Don't worry, you don't have to make a decision!!!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
111 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Theatre at County Hall

I am interested in this production too but could not find any reviews. Has anyone seen any?

Thank you.

SuzieeQQ

Rochester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Theatre at County Hall

If you like murder Who Done Its, love going to the theatre, this is for you. It is excellent and you should not miss an opportunity to see it. I can't tell you too much as it would spoil it for you. It is a unique production. I was spellbound all the way through watching it and you could hear a pin drop in the audience.

Edited: 15 October 2017, 06:30
London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Theatre at County Hall

Hi. Really interested in seeing this play but am on a limited budget. Would you say that the £10 tickets would be ok as they say 'restricted view'? Are any £10 tickets better than others? Many thanks for any help.

Illinois
Level Contributor
18,896 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Theatre at County Hall

Where are the 10 GBP tickets?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,410 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Theatre at County Hall

http://www.witnesscountyhall.com/book/18003

The next price tickets are £25 so I guess the £10 ones are not too good, all are restricted view .

Illinois
Level Contributor
18,896 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Theatre at County Hall

I would think the ones in the central gallery would be the best. I sat in the stalls, but it looked like the right end (audience right) of the north gallery and the left end of the south gallery would be restricted. I couldn't see what would restrict the back rows of the galleries, but maybe you wouldn't be able to see the part of the stage closest to you.

Actually, looking at my photos, there's a support pillar between the seats where the letter As are on the seating plan in the central gallery, so that would presumably block some of your view, but I don't know how much.

Reply to: Theatre at County Hall
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted