We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment in Knotting Hill Area

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Apartment in Knotting Hill Area

We're heading off to London next week. We had an apartment all set through LondonPerfect.com, but it didn't work out. They've moved us to the Knotting Hill Apartment on Kensington Mews. I'm sure it's a beautiful apartment, as all of them are, but I'm concerned about the neighborhood. We're used t staying in the Kensington area and love to walk around at night, enjoy the restaurants, etc. Can anyone share experiences with this apartment, or the neighborhood in general? Is it safe? Suggestions on restaurants, etc.

Thanks.

Cindy

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment in Knotting Hill Area

It's called Notting Hill not Knotting Hill

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notting_Hill

Your concerns about the area are unfounded.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,431 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment in Knotting Hill Area

I've not got a Kensington Mews listed in my A to Z - could it be Kensington Court Mews, not far from High St Ken station? There is also a Kensington Park Mews, not far from Elgin Crescent and Ladbroke Grove station - could that be it?

Both areas are residential, but not far from Tube stations, with lots of bus options as well. The Kensington Park Mews location is closer to Ladbroke Grove Tube, a bit of a longer walk to Notting Hill Gate station.

Indiana
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment in Knotting Hill Area

It's the Kensington Park Mews. Nice area? Safe to walk? Any suggestions you have on restaurants, etc? Thanks for any info in advance.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,431 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment in Knotting Hill Area

I'm not that familiar with the area around Landbroke Grove, but it's fairly residential, and as safe as the rest of central London. If you walk from the flat along Kensington Park Road, you'll find green crescents and Ladbroke Square Gardens, as well as some smart houses.

Portobello Road is a short walk away, where you'll find Babes & Burgers (good for children), Cafe Garcia and Galicia for Spanish food and tapas, George's Portobello Fish Bar for chicken and kebabs as well as fish and chips; Essenza and Mediterraneo for Italian grub.

5. Re: Apartment in Knotting Hill Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 16:20