We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber pick up at Victoria Station

West Sussex
Level Contributor
107 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Uber pick up at Victoria Station

Can anyone tell me whereabout at Victoria Station we should stand for an Uber pick up ? Last time we waited near the taxi rank, but I appreciate that this was not the correct place & wondered if there is a 'correct' location to wait where uber drivers are allowed to stop?

Mentioned in this post
Victoria Station Hotel
Victoria Station Hotel
403 Reviews
London, UK
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,512 Reviews
US$124 per adult
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
717 Reviews
US$112 per adult
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,195 Reviews
US$127 per adult
17 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6,815 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uber pick up at Victoria Station

Why not just get a proper regulated black cab. TFL had good reason to not renew Uber's licence.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
107 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uber pick up at Victoria Station

Unfortunately Black Cabs are much more expensive than Uber, & I can’t afford to pay what they charge. We’ve used Uber many times with no problems & have been very impressed with their service & drivers.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
33,132 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uber pick up at Victoria Station

Where do you need/want to go from Victoria?

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
6,926 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uber pick up at Victoria Station

Victoria is part of an excellent Underground service and will take you to wherever quicker than any cab!

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uber pick up at Victoria Station

There's no way of knowing where the driver will be able to stop. That's one of the disadvantages of uber - you may have to wander around a bit and/or speak to the driver in order to find him/her. Arriving at a large London terminus is one of the occasions when I find it simpler to do things the old fashioned way and take a black cab from the rank.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Uber pick up at Victoria Station

We love Uber but onky problems we have ever had are a few times at train stations wth complex roads around them - I would suggest walking out of Victoria and found down Victoria street (main road) where it will be easier to be picked up. Well done for not using expensive diesel spewing black cabs

Edited: 20 October 2017, 09:24
Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
15,146 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Uber pick up at Victoria Station

Surely all London taxis are now low emissions compliant and new taxis are going zero emissions from next year

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
330 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Uber pick up at Victoria Station

What you have to understand is that some people like to lobby for black cabs on here and regard Uber as the work of the devil. I wouldn't let that put you off - I use Uber all the time in London and have never had a problem. These people aren't really offering "travel advice" they're essentially making a political argument about the regulation of London taxi services which frankly shouldn't be much concern to tourists.

With that said, Victoria is a bit of a difficult place to get picked up as there are red routes (meaning you can't stop) everywhere. The only time I've got an Uber from there the pick up spot was at a car park behind the station (google Eccleston Bridge and you should be able to see it).

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Uber pick up at Victoria Station

Isn't the app meant to do all this for you?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
8,974 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Uber pick up at Victoria Station

The uber driver will stop by station reception...

Reply to: Uber pick up at Victoria Station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted