We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to London

Aurora, Ohio
Level Contributor
140 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Flying to London

My wife and I are planning a trip to London and Paris this Fall/Winter. Anyone have any tips about the best way to book (and get a good deal) for a multi-stop trip? We plan on going from Sacramento (or San Francisco - which ever is cheaprer) to London, then we'd like to go across by train (unless anyone knows other scenic/fun ways) to Paris, then fly back from Paris. We would like to fly either business or first class. Any tips?

Thanks!

Indiana
Level Contributor
653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Flying to London

howe-

check your Delta skymiles as soon as you can - depending on your mileage 'level', the SkySaver seats may be limited in availability and you will have to go with SkyChoice seats, which will 'cost' you double miles I believe. We used Delta miles in Dec.06 and booked them in February. If you are Platinum Medallian with Delta, I think availability is a little better for the mileage seats.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Flying to London

If you are planning to use miles then I would advise calling them or using the internet site asap to try and book your flights.

I know when I've tried to do that before they only have so many seats reserved for miles and in business obviously there are less seats anyway, so if you can be flexible with your dates that will also help.

I know with American Airlines i would have to book about 9-10 months in advance, so I would get onto them now! I think we booked about 11 months to get business once before.

Also you could perhaps decide whether to fly round trip to London, or fly into London and back from Paris, depending again on the availability of the miles seats. That might help you out aswell because again it means you are more flexible.

13. Re: Flying to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 13:16