We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Battersea Park area.

Boston MA
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Battersea Park area.

Hi all,

Heading to London (from US) first week of January for 4 nights to meet up with 2 childhood girlfriends. We’ve identified a rental flat we love in Battersea Park area. Looks like Brynmaer Road near Albert Bridge Road? We understand it’s a good 15 minute walk to the tube but that there are cafés and such around (as well as buses and Uber, taxi etc.)

While we’d love to be a bit more central this place offers terrific accommodations for a great price as well as a lovely living area to hang out and catch up etc ( we all live far away from one another..2 of them haven't seen each other in 25 years) Hope to book tomorrow but would love to hear if there any significant reasons we should avoid the area!

Many thanks!

16 replies to this topic
Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Battersea Park area.

Yes, it's a very nice area, but has the host told you it's a 15 minute walk to the tube and to which tube station?

New Mexico
Level Contributor
13,613 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Battersea Park area.

If you post a link to the property, that will enable better feedback. Many hosts/landlords are generous when they describe the location. Which tube station are your near? Likely there are a number of bus stops on the way.

I think you are probably closer to 20 minutes from the nearest tube station. Which one did they say?

Here is another one that you might want to consider.

https:/…p920354

Edited: 05 December 2017, 01:33
3. Re: Battersea Park area.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 December 2017, 01:38
Edited: 05 December 2017, 01:38

4. Re: Battersea Park area.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 December 2017, 02:05
Edited: 05 December 2017, 02:05

New Mexico
Level Contributor
13,613 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Battersea Park area.

tube map

content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf

Boston MA
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Battersea Park area.

Thanks all ...this is what the property agent sent to me. Let me know if it makes sense...

“You are correct and I will list below the possible transportation options in the area:

The Underground:

The nearest station is Battersea Park Station (Overground and Southern Trains) which is a 15 minute walk or a short bus away on either the 344 or 44 bus. In addition - South Kensington Underground station is also a short bus ride away which is on the Circle, District and Piccadilly Lines. Use this station for quick access to Heathrow Airport.

Taxi Services:

UBER

Battersea Taxis

Tel no: 020 8542 4000

Unity Cars

020 7498 8853

Nearest Bus Stops:

There are bus stops situated along the Battersea Park Road the closest being ‘The Latchmere’ where buses 44 and 344 stop. The Latchmere (Stop LU) has many buses that stop there taking you to central London.

Regarding the neighbourhood there are a few options I might suggest:

LOCAL AMENITIES – CAFES, RESTAURANTS AND BARS:

Caffettino

Tel no: 020 7720 3833

Opening hours: 7.30am - 5.00pm

Mediterranean food and gourmet coffee in a mellow cafe with full-length windows and pavement tables.

The Lighthouse

Tel no: 020 7223 7721

Opening hours: 12-11pm

Large, airy pub with original art on the walls, a gastropub menu and a leafy, decked garden.

Chada Thai Restaurant

Tel no: 020 7622 2209

Opening hours: 6pm-11pm (Closed on Sundays)

The Latchmere

Tel no:

Opening hours: 11am-11pm (Saturday open till 12am, Sunday 10.30pm)

Large corner pub with a beer garden and barbecue area at the back, and a working fireplace inside.

Paglia e Fieno

Tel no: 020 7228 0700

Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Pub with huge windows, decorated in pastel shades of blue with an abundance of soft furnishings. “

Boston MA
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Battersea Park area.

Thanks ..took a look. Its lovely but a bit north of our budget and not available for our dates .

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,151 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Battersea Park area.

“The Underground:

The nearest station is Battersea Park Station (Overground and Southern Trains)”

It’s a bit cheeky to put Battersea Park under the heading of Underground since it’s not a tube station at all.

Whether you’d rather stay somewhere more central and/or nearer to the underground is up to you and what you plan to do.

Personally, if I only had four nights in London, I’d be planning to be out and about for much of the time so convenience would trump the actual accommodation.

Boston MA
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Battersea Park area.

Thanks...will rethink I guess. It does look a bit far in looking at the tube map.

Also, I have no sense of distance ...is Slaone Square within walking distance of Battersea Park, and if so how long a walk? Tks again.

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,439 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Battersea Park area.

Yes, they've described an overground station as if it's a tube station, which is very cheeky.

It's not that bad, if you don't mind using buses instead of the tube and there are a ton of places to eat and drink around there. Many of the pubs have entertainment too and a better pub to eat in (which is also a very quirky local) is The Grove (handmade burgers and roasts on sundays). The Lighthouse is a little 'up itself' for my liking, although it does have nice drinking sheds in the garden. You've also got shopping at Clapham Junction, or Southside, in Wandsworth, which you could catch a quick bus to.

I wouldn't walk to Sloane Square, I'd take a bus, unless I had time to meander via battersea Park and the weather was nice.

If you're main aim is to catch up and eat out and you're not too bothered about sight-seeing everyday, then go for it.

If it's very cheap and you have some spare cash, you could cab it into the center.

Reply to: Battersea Park area.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted