We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seats at Sadler's Wells

Illinois
Level Contributor
18,929 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Seats at Sadler's Wells

I'm looking at seats for 2 for Cinderella at Sadler's Wells in Jan. There isn't much left as far as seating, so the best I'm coming up with is either the far (audience) left of the 1st circle (rows F or G) or the side seats (also 1st circle). I've seen a couple of recommendations for the side seats, but they're listed as restricted view on the website. How restricted are they? If we go with those, is the view better from the ones closer to the stage or the ones closer to the rest of the audience?

From online photos it seems like the far left seats in the circle might also be restricted as they look like the side seats would be in front of them. They're not listed (or priced) as restricted view though.

We don't care too much about legroom - more about people in front of us as neither of us is tall. We'd be ok with barstools I think. (Hopefully they have a bar you can put your feet on?)

Thanks for any suggestions.

Edited: 07 December 2017, 02:04
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,683 Reviews
from US$122.70*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,252 Reviews
from US$125.40*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
750 Reviews
from US$102.70*
12 replies to this topic
Illinois
Level Contributor
18,929 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seats at Sadler's Wells

Hmm. Found another photo where it looks like the bar stools are actually in the wall so you're leaning out of a window to see. That doesn't seem good. Maybe I should go with the edges of the 1st circle?

http://www.chapmanbdsp.com/projects/sadlers-wells-theatre.html#prettyPhoto[pp_gal]/3/

Oops - clickable link: http://tinyurl.com/y7glr2wu

Edited: 07 December 2017, 02:17
Illinois
Level Contributor
18,929 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seats at Sadler's Wells

I can also get 1st Circle K9 and 10 (or 24/25) or J 6/7 but thought those might be too far back?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,403 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seats at Sadler's Wells

Check out theatremonkey.com for seat reviews

Illinois
Level Contributor
18,929 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seats at Sadler's Wells

Thanks, but Sadler's Wells isn't on Theatremonkey. There's only a few lines in the page on theatres they don't cover.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,856 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seats at Sadler's Wells

The Circle F and G even at the side are fine. Good sight lines. The only slight problem can be that people in the front row sometime lean forward but you should be far enough back,esp in G for that not to affect you. I would avoid the sides at all costs.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,856 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seats at Sadler's Wells

Just noticed your other post - K would also be fine/better and if you don't mind being more in the centre of the row. SW is a small theatre so even in the second circle you are quite near the stage.

paris london
Level Contributor
4,885 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seats at Sadler's Wells

The side seats are pretty dreadful and only worth a look if very cheap: uncomfortable with serious view restriction.

SW is a very deep theatre, with minimal stalls overhang, so row F of the First Circle is maybe 25 rows from the front. The advantage of the distance is that being at the side doesn't change the viewing angle much.

Row K is even further back of course, and is also overhung by the Second Circle, which can give a 'letterbox' view.

If you have to buy tickets now, I'd go for row F; if not I'd wait for returns in the stalls or front circle.

Edited: 07 December 2017, 09:50
Illinois
Level Contributor
18,929 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seats at Sadler's Wells

Do they get a lot of returns? I was booking now mostly because the seats were vanishing.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,856 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seats at Sadler's Wells

I don't quite understand the comments in no 7. F is 6 rows back (from the front of the circle) and as mentioned SW is a small theatre. The overhang only affects the rear two rows and even then it's not very noticeable IMO.

Returns are put on the site but there's no guarantee where these will be so you could end up with worse seats than the ones that are currently available. If you're worried about tall people in front of you, your only option is to go with a front row of either circle (if they become available) but you need to avoid the end 2-3 seats of each row as views are slightly obstructed by the lighting rig. Further back (F/K) it's not a problem.

paris london
Level Contributor
4,885 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seats at Sadler's Wells

#9 is simply wrong and is perhaps confusing SW with a different theatre - here are a couple of photos of the theatre …netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/s…

https:/…2734224723_1c2953196c_b.jpg

There are 20-odd rows of stalls seats in front of the circle, and the overhang affects at least half of the First Circle. The First Circle has a good rake, so tall people in front should not be a problem unless you're very small. There is no lighting rig obstruction, but the first couple of seats are behind the the side stalls - only a problem for rows A and perhaps B.

They always get some returns but you will need to check regularly so it could be a gamble. Possibly if you bought tickets now you could exchange for better ones if you saw them - you would have to ask, and there would be a fee for this.

Reply to: Seats at Sadler's Wells
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted