We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little souvenirs.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
182 reviews
Save Topic
Little souvenirs.

Not what most people would want to answer-or buy!- but I love some of the silly, little things to remember my visits. Something like bobble heads or solar-nodding figures. I'm sure there are places most likely to find them- is someone game enough to admit they know where to look??!

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,664 Reviews
from US$123.10*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor, and Bath with...
2,249 Reviews
from US$113.20*
Best Seller
London Harry Potter Tour of Warner...
746 Reviews
from US$103.00*
15 replies to this topic
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Little souvenirs.

Lol. Okay...

Not quite what you want, I’m sure, but my favorite silly souvenir from my trip last winter was a Liberty haberdashery pin cushion in shape of a mouse with a bell on its tail.

Also, there was some great, dorky stuff in the Tower of London gift shop.

Edited: 08 December 2017, 04:25
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
572 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Little souvenirs.

Marie M - I was mad at myself for not getting one of those pincushions last trip! Definitely getting one next time.

centralvic - there are gift shops in the touristy areas. You won’t have any problems finding souvenirs.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
826 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Little souvenirs.

My favorite souvenirs include placemats (they always remind us of our travels and can spark dinner conversations of memories of said travels) and stuffable nylon shopping bags from a local establishment or with cheesy locally inspired designs (red double decker bus, etc.). I actually found some fun items in the Shard gift shop (they were running 50% off the whole store the day I was there). We also bought some things in the London Tower and Tower bridge gift shops.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,081 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Little souvenirs.

Are you asking for advice on where to find them in London? There is a big souvenir shop at Piccadilly Circus that is full of that kind of stuff.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Little souvenirs.

Any suggestions are good! I'm after the slightly silly stuff- some people might find it tasteless, but I enjoy looking at my kitschy buys.

I have a contrada flag from Siena, a solar- powered waving pope from Rome....you get the idea?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,225 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Little souvenirs.

There are shops all over London selling those sort of things. Notably at Piccadilly Circus, on the western end of Whitehall, outside the British Museum, and so on.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
16,356 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Little souvenirs.

a solar- powered waving pope from Rome.

=========

There's a solar powered version of the Queen with a bobbing / nodding head.

I can see it on Amazon, but I can't remember where I saw it in a shop window.

Perhaps on Charing Cross Road or near the British Museum.

Puckator seems to be the manufacturer (entitled 'Dancing Queen').

sydney
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Little souvenirs.

There is a souvenir shop on Oxford Street not far from the tube entrance selling quirky/tacky souvenirs that you are looking for.

Daughter recommendeds a souvenir shop in Piccadilly Circus. It's on two levels. She can't remember the name but it sells lots of random weird souvenirs.

Edited: 08 December 2017, 09:02
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Little souvenirs.

They are all over the tourist areas in London - you won't miss them - no need to go out of your way to make a special journey.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
8,775 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Little souvenirs.

Yeah they're literally everywhere, Oxford Street (the entire length but especially Marble Arch, Bond Street tube stations and the end towards Tottenham Court Road). The whole area of Piccadilly Circus over to Leicester Square is full of them. You'll find exactly what you're looking for there, nodding Queens, fridge magnets, snow globes, Guardsman themed everything, toy buses and taxis etc.

Speaking of which, I like transport souvenirs; The London Transport museum has wonderful stuff including posh Oyster card holders which are nice reminders to carry your bank cards / driving licences in. All sorts of designs.

Reply to: Little souvenirs.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted