We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Competitive Figure Skating Camps 24 December-06 January

Lausanne...
Level Contributor
160 posts
340 reviews
Competitive Figure Skating Camps 24 December-06 January

Hi all,

Curious if anyone knows of any figure skating camps in or around London (Or elsewhere in the UK for that matter). Perhaps an Olympic Training Facility? We've been using a facility in the US and would love to find something well organized closer to home. This is primarily for my 10 year old who competes here in Switzerland. My 6 year old also skates and I'd like something inclusive of her if possible (the UIS facility only has 2 sessions for her level).

Thanks in advance for any responses

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,733 Reviews
from US$121.80*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,272 Reviews
from US$124.50*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
771 Reviews
from US$102.00*
12 replies to this topic
Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,734 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: Competitive Figure Skating Camps 24 December-06 January

Not sure if lessons will be available during this time but a simple google search revealed these places -

iceskatinglessonslondon.co.uk/timetable-pric…

alexandrapalace.com/ice-rink/…

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,876 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Competitive Figure Skating Camps 24 December-06 January

The National Ice Centre is in Nottinham, and I would assume that someone training for the Olympics would go there (not that I know anything about training for the Olympics!). I cannot comment on any of the ice rinks in London other than the outdoor Christmas ones.

Lausanne...
Level Contributor
160 posts
340 reviews
3. Re: Competitive Figure Skating Camps 24 December-06 January

Richt71,

Thank you very much for the suggestions but they're not quite what I am looking for...perhaps I should have been a bit more specific...

I am looking more for a professional facility that would perhaps offer several specialty coaches such as a coach for spins, a coach for jumps, a harness coach, a choreographer, etc. A place that offers several hours of training per day and perhaps has an off ice offering such as ballet, physical conditioning, etc.

Thank you once again.

Lausanne...
Level Contributor
160 posts
340 reviews
4. Re: Competitive Figure Skating Camps 24 December-06 January

Akkarin,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will most certainly research that further.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,876 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Competitive Figure Skating Camps 24 December-06 January

I meant Nottingham. Sorry for the typo.

Westchester, New...
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
50 reviews
6. Re: Competitive Figure Skating Camps 24 December-06 January

Howdy. As someone who regularly figure skates (although I expect at a much lower level than your daughter), I would suggest talking to your daughter' US coach. Everyone knows everyone in the sksting world and he or she could likely even recommend a good coach for your daughter to work with in the UK. You can start also by simply googling UK skating clubs and rinks. Many will have info online including freestyle season schedules and levels for some. So look for some U.K. Skating clubs and email them, giving them an idea of the skating levels of each girl and how much skating per day you are looking for. They would likely have great ideas for you.

Edited: 09 December 2017, 20:10
Westchester, New...
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
50 reviews
7. Re: Competitive Figure Skating Camps 24 December-06 January

Also I note most rinks I skate at in the NYC area have multiple sessions for high and low freestyle/ harness training etc. but I understand you are looking to be closer to home.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Competitive Figure Skating Camps 24 December-06 January

These are the all-year round rinks in London - https://londonist.com/2016/10/where-to-go-ic…

I'd be amazed if there were better coaching facilities here than Switzerland though and I assume they'll all be closed for quite a few days in that period

Edited: 09 December 2017, 21:02
Sheffield
Level Contributor
5,434 posts
154 reviews
9. Re: Competitive Figure Skating Camps 24 December-06 January

You might also investigate iceSheffield which is a Centre of Excellence for figure skating and ice dance.

Lausanne...
Level Contributor
160 posts
340 reviews
10. Re: Competitive Figure Skating Camps 24 December-06 January

SecretSwimmer....thank you for the list...think I may have a lead with one of them...

Reply to: Competitive Figure Skating Camps 24 December-06 January
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted